Movie or Book?

I know this is an old, dated debate, but I just watched the movie again, and noticed a few things I did, and didn't, like. Without going into too much detail (since I actually have to leave), I'd definitely put the book above the movie, which I'm sure the general feeling is going to be. But after a couple viewings, the movie does seem a little bit better than it firt did.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I have to agree the book is usally alot better then the movie. The books usally give a lot more detail then the books do.
That they do. And you can actually use your own imagination, which is always better.
@lecanis (16664)
• Murfreesboro, Tennessee
I really loved the book, well all the books actually. They are so witty, amusing, insightful, and just plain fun. I'd rather read the books than watch the movie overall. However, the movie was also a lot of fun. It isn't perfectly true to the books, but then, no movie adaptation of a book I've seen ever has been. It was still very funny, and I enjoyed it for it's own merit.
That's why I posted this question, because the movie and book are so different. This was done on purpose by Douglas Adams though. He felt that different mediums deserved different takes on the same story. He essentially re-wrote the story for radio, a BBC made for TV movie, the 2005 movie, and plays. All have the same basic story, but a slight twist on the rest of it.
@judyt00 (3504)
That's because its just so gigantic that it takes a few watchings to take it all in. However, I still like the book better for most movies, this one included
You just get so much more useful information in any book than they could actually fit into the movies. the prob with this though, is that Douglas Adams started writing a screenplay, before he passed away, that was different than the book.
@mvpetri (36)
• Brazil
I like it, was a good movie. I know, everone expected too much, but i think ever douglas adams' fan like'it.