Nowadays why is Marriage not that important anymore & not taken too seriously .

Most of my friends & so is a lot of people my age thinks that living-in with a boyfriend/girlfriend is better than getting married & get settled. Does it have to do with family background, past experiences or is it just because they are not contented & satisfied with their partner. We have to contemplate more when it comes to deciding who would be the best person to stick to & get married to coz marriage isn't just a game that when you're tired already you can say I want out. It has to be that both parties are willing to risk everything to achieve the happiness that they long for in creating a family.
@Tetchie (2933)
It's definitely a sign of the times to not worry about THAT certificate and live in a defacto relationship. Defacto relationships are legally binding anyway. I have been married and divorced and I don't know whether I would bother going through the ceremony again. I'm not being flippant, more practical really. It is so easy to get out of marriage it is a farce to a degree and I don't advocate people staying together through trials and tribulations for the sake of breaking a sacrament, I'm not catholic anymore. There is so much hype involved with the wedding, dress, bridesmaids, cars, reception. I'm for spending all that money on a great honeymoon, or buying something more practical for the home. Weddings are over the top commercial and it's ridiculous.
@rb200406 (1825)
Well, it depends upon the thinking of the people.But to make a marriage work men have to accept the fact that women are no longer there slaves .The men folk have to be less egoistic & selfish.Also they have to understand women more & give respect to her.These are expected in modern times by women unlike there earlier generation.But marriage is beatiful .I think so
@oarnamav (2708)
The days are changing & the generation too is getting civilised fast, the process is making people know the risk factos in the life. No one would opt a version which has a high risk factor involved. Another but one more important reason is woman power is coming out of slavery days and their dependability is diminishing slowly. The men who used to administer and govern their lives without the botheration from women is becoming a dream nowadays. Woman with her talent and confidence is getting stronger and competant enough to face the dominating men in general. The above phenomena has contributed to this perticular change a lot. This is in fact a good sign of civilization and will take some time to be understood by "men" as a whole in near future. All the best from oarnamav.