who are you when no one is looking?

Why is it that some people do the right thing when no one is looking and others don't? There is a saying that goes like this: "YOU WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE BY THE WAY YOU BEHAVE WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING" Will somebody try to explain this to me!
Everybody acts different when there is nobody around. We all put on a different face for the rest of the world, some much more different than others. That is just human nature. Just sit back and think about some of the ethical decisions you've made when you were alone. Were they all the best ones you could make? I think that is what this saying is talking about.
Well said my friend. You can only evaluate yourself after recalling all the events you'd been through and how you reacted to it when nobody is around.
@msqtech (15226)
I try to be the good human I am when others are looking. But sometimes I give in to my own secret desires.
Then you are really human and that's okay.