If you commited a horrible crime, would you tell someone?

@reaperz (1266)
usually when people commite crime, like murder, they are not the same and can't stop thinking about it. So, what do they do? They either confess it to the police or to someone or either commit suicide. Why does people get all worked up over murder? Becuase they just kill someone who had a family and friends! unless he is a hobo living in the streets or something.... If you commited a horrible crime, would you tell someone? Why?
Good question. I wouldn't committ a crime because it's immoral and I don't want to suffer the consequences. However, if there was a thief that broke into my house and I ended up shooting his leg so he wouldn't get away with it, then I would tell the police that I shot a burglar. The police would see my side and probably let me get away with it or give me a lighter sentence. If ended up going to jail as a punishment for shooting a thief, then I would walk with pride because I prevented this thief from causing more damage to other homes. When I was younger, I talked to a young man who got a light sentence for murdering a drunk driver. The drunk driver killed his this young man's little boy. The young man spend 2 months in prison, he got a good lawyer and the judge saw his side and let him go.
@reaperz (1266)
Its not really the young man's fault....but its good that he only had 2 months in prison....
Yes, without a doubt I would tell someone. Most likely, I would allude to it enough before doing it that I would be caught. My conscience has always been strong and when I choose to listen to it, get steered in acceptable directions. If I committed a horrific act, I would take accountability for it, no matter the consequence.