Community Volunteering???

Do you volunteer your time to help your hometown community in some way such as serving on the Parade committee, Girl scouts, Boy Scouts, helping with the Meal on Wheels programs?
@tammyr (5956)
• Etowah, Tennessee
I am a girl Scout leader for one troop and a co-leader of another. I do lots of volunteering with them. We help many different organizations. I use to do Home Bases Meals here in our area, but since I am working, I can not do them, but really liked getting to know some of the seniors. I do Tax Counseling For the Elderly through The AARP. I do two days of classes as well as countless hours of studying and testing. I then give 4 hours a week to tax preparation. This was my 6th year in this. I think everyone should do some volunteering to the best of their ability. It builds character and makes you feel so darn good. I have heard that the high schools are starting to require it of the students. I think it is a good idea.
I have done that for a short time....lead one troop and co-lead another. It is not easy.
Hey, fifty...in august, meet me in Mackinaw City and I will deliver the cookies. What flavors do you like?
@Fishmomma (11504)
i enjoy volunteering in my community and help the girl scouts, Food Share and the Beach Coastal Cleanup. I think its important to help others when we are able to help. I can double coupons, so get many free items to donate to Food Share. You would be quite surprised to see how many bags of trash we remove from the beach during the cleanup. Its sad that people leave their trash everywhere.
Oh honey, you should see what is found on the side of the roads. I agree it truly is sad. Thank you for taking the time to make the beaches pretty.
@bjone6 (348)
The military requires us to be "good-citizens." So they are always actively promoting volunteer work. It's even a way of getting promoted faster. I volunteer my time for things that I feel with have the biggest impact inside my circle of understanding. For example, I volunteer with our local tax preperation place to help people with their taxes. I also help out our base financial planner and help people with small time things.
My son is serving in the Military so I totally understand you. Stay Safe. And Thank you. Hugs from a military mom.
@MsTickle (24962)
We don't have a lot of that stuff in our small village but I recently joined the volunteer fire brigade. I'll join the SES when I get the chance. I'm on the community centre committee. I usually put my hand up for things. I rallied the townsfolk at a media presentation (protest) recently and I'm manning a booth at our local school for state election day on Saturday. I think it's important to be a part of a community. Even if you don't take part in running the show or orgainising or being there on the day at least show up and be counted. Alas, it rarely happens. It's the same folk doing everything while the rest sit on their lazy, fat bums and whinge about everything.
I am so proud of you for volunteering in your community in so many different ways. Good for you!!! Keep up the good work.