networking on myspace

@indywahm (808)
is myspace a good place for networking?? i have been thinking of signing up there but am not too sure about it and how it works. can someone give me some advice or tips for using it??
• Lincoln, Nebraska
MySpace is a great place for networking. Basically you look for other people with the same interests as you such as marketing,reading, or whatever it is and invite them to join your friends list. Then you can exchange comments, and more easily exchange messages, as well as post to the discussion board which would send a message to all your friends. I think that MySpace is great. http://www.myspace.com/keith1959
I am the webmaster for www.goodnewsnow.com. I put up a MySpace page to help get the word out about our site. We have started to get music people to ask for adds as friends. It is kind of fun. I need to put a little more time into inviting people. We are going to be looking soon for link exchanges. I am trying to find site that would be a good match for us. I just realized today people besides musicians do business from their site. We posted a story today. It is under the heading blog news.
@Julia3269 (217)
It probably is good for networking. I joined about a year ago but never did anything with my page til recently. I'm no techie but I figured out how to add music, and sparkly graphics, etc. (That reminds me, I need to go erase my St. Patrick's Day logo. LOL!!) There's lots of groups to join. You can browse the groups to find something that interests you. If nothing else, there's a huge selection of music. It looks like every musician under the sun has a myspace page. Go play around with it. Somehow it reminds me of a huge jungle to be explored. :)
I use myspace for my businesses and I really like it. The friends you make online can really help your business! If someone trusts you they will buy from you over the person that they do not trust. Here is my link so if you ever sign up you can join my friends list: http://www.myspace.com/alexandra_rose_wahm Why not try it since it is free and another way to get your name out there. There are groups you can join so that you can talk with like-minded people, forums to ask questions, blogs and more. Plus it is always fun to customize your page! Every so often I will see bulletins about specials that my friends are offering or websites for more networking, message boards and stuff like that. It really is a lot of fun!
@rachelzwo (310)
I use myspace just to keep in touch with my old friends from all the different places that I've lived. You could definately network on myspace, but you would have to work at it. Join groups, chat with people, become friends with people and actually talk to them.
I also use myspace to keep in touch with my old friends. Here in myspace I tracked my closest friend way back in elementary school. Its so amazing that there are site that would help each individual to be connected again. sign up and work on it, put some backgrounds and layouts to make it more adorable to the eyes of the viewees..coz there are some who are checking on others profile and the good thing there, they will add you to be part of there friend. =)
@hcromer (2712)
I don't think that it is a very good site for networking. They try to play it up that they are a good networking site, but I don't think that anyone takes anyone who is on MySpace all that seriously.
@bluewings (3857)
I don't know much about that site .I have seen some great messages on the comments section of members here that has Myspace tag attached to it.I wanted to check out the site after that so I could also use some of their animations ,but haven't felt motivated enough yet.