going back to college

has anyone gone back to college after taking a few years off. i did 2 years than had a baby, now it's been almost 4 years since i was in college. i'm just wondering how hard is it to go back and balance everything when you have to work and raise a family at the same time.
@maximax8 (27048)
My son was born in April 1995. I did a part time course to improve my maths and then began university full time in September 1996. I studied English Literature and Education in order to become a primary school teacher. I am pleased I went back to college. I was able to balance family life. It made a better future for me. It gave me lots of knowlegde about chldren's literature that has helped my son. Studying is something to be proud of and is very worth doing. It is lovely if your family is supportive. It can be nice tho know they care.
actually it's just me and my daughter. so i'm worried about being a single mother going back to college. i have to take care of my daughter and work so i'm worried i won't see her much. we are so close right now but she is starting school too so i figured i'd have more time right now where she will be doing her own thing as well and won't be home with a babysitter while i'm out. but the course i have to finish that i started in college a 5 years ago is an hour and a half away. this is the only school that offers this program and it's a small program so it doens't have night classes. so i worry about the time to travel as well. i din't think i will get to see my daughter much.
@susan50 (110)
I went to college ten years after graduating from high school. It was really difficult at first, but once you get the hang of doing homework it isn't so bad. Start out slow, like taking only one or two classes to see how you handle it, then if you think you can do more, add a class. I would not do more than three classes at a time. You will need to plan your study time, time with family and work.
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I hope you do go back and finish. I personally never like to leave something undone. I have never wanted to go back to college but my husband has three years of college under his belt and I have asked him to go back. He says he doesn't have time and he thinks he is too old now. Please if you have time go back and finish. Good luck