EDP Technologies

I am having issue with EDP Technologies because they will not refund the initial $159.95 they debited from my bank. Tonight one of EDP's reps actually called me to say under no circumstances can I receive a refund of the initial fees that activated the account with their company. Reason being, the initial 3 days in which to change my mind has passed. Most credit or debit companies give the consumer more than 3 days to committ. In fact, I don't think a time-limit is forced onto the consumer to make up their mind. However, the second reason the EDP rep expained is that the patron's money goes back to the "issuing party." If it wasn't for consumers like myself, EDP Technologies, and thier debit card services, would not be in business. I thought the consumer is the issuing party issuing his or her money, and not the company having their people call to scare you off. In effect, EDP makes the consumer powerless to do anything about thier individual situations. I doubt Mastercard would go this route. Then again, I am not the only consumer to be ripped off in this matter. I don't know what to do. Any advice?
@Theresam (1181)
I know it is too late now but I woould fight the charges with your bank as well as report them to the Better business bureau.