if you could have picked a different time to be born and live in, what would it

be? What other time period would you have chosen and why? Would you have rather be in a different place at the time of your birth?
@ljcapps (1926)
I don't think i would change the time that i was born, significantly. But i would change the place. I think i'd much rather have been born in Ireland, preferably a smaller county a couple of hours away from one of the larger cities, rather than on an air base in panama, and living in the united states right now. I don't feel right now as if i live in a very patriotic time. I love america, and the ideals that she stands for. I don't care for the government activities and the people that get forgotten. I think i'd rather have a quieter life, in a place that has deep respect for it's roots, and it's people.
@linda345 (2661)
I think I would like to go back to the mid 1800's. It would be hard times I now but I would to have lived in the upper class. Then I would have my own personalmaid.
@hcromer (2712)
I'm kind of greatful for being born when I was because I'm sure that the society now has made me who I am. Another time period that I am curious about and think that I might have enjoyed would have been Hollywood in the 1950s.
@not4me (1713)
I think I would like to live in the 50s because people were so innocent. I'm also fascinated with 1950's aviation and I would have loved to be a woman pilot back then. With that said, I'm very happy I grew up when I did (born in '76) because I had fun during the 80's.
@wolfie34 (26793)
What an interesting discussion, thank you. As long as I had the same mum then I would have love to have been born in the sixties, because that was the best decade, where there was peace and harmony and certainly not all the trouble, hatred, wars and terrorism we have come to expect in these troubled times in the 21st century. Just after rationing had finished would be idea, and I would have love to have been born in a hot country and certainly not the UK.
@villageanne (8554)
I always thought that I would have loved to have been born in the pioneer days. When everyone was self sufficent and worked hard just to survive. I think people need to be more self sufficent today. They are too dependant on others
@lilaclady (28240)
Hippys - hippys in the 60s
No I am so blessed to have been been born in the era I was I born, to be able to be part of the 60's in Melbourne Australia I am so grateful, to be part of the 60's really was a blessing.
I'm not sure of the years for this, but I would have loved to live in the days of making butter in the summer kitchen, wearing hoop skirts, and riding in a horse and carriage. Those days seem so simplified. The hate and meaness of today's world wasn't there.
I would probably pick a time LONG LONG ago. And in those time, the world is pretty much one nation. I just want to lead a quiet life and rule the world of lambs.