What is going green? Catchy Phrase

@raydene (9875)
I was asked what is meant by going green.It is becoming more enviormentally friendly.It is another of those catchy phrase that gets used to death. What going green means to me is making an effert to preserve and repair the earth that we have abused in the past years.It maybe getting better but maybe not fast enough.I think the idea is great and I can do some but I wish my home was more passive but without putting a ton of money into it which at this time is not possible.If you check this site out it will help to understand it. R http://www.greenhome.com/
@stephcjh (32328)
Thanks alot for the explanation. I was one of the members who responded to you yesterday on your post. I'm glad you posted again and explained it to me. I have a little bit better understanding of it now. I think it is a great idea also but it does sound like it would be very expensive to do also. you would have to change so many things. If we could get financial assistance in doing so, I would be all for it. I just do not see that happening either but it is a very good idea. Thanks again for explaining it to me.
@raydene (9875)
Yea Steph..You are the reason I started this discussion.I would like to do more but can not afford it. R
i went green by accedent in a lot of cases, by seeking to save a little $$. I use an electricless wonderwash for small items of laundry plus i use crockpots, toaster oven & microwave rather than my big oven for cooking. i didn't realize the 'greenness' of my actions till much later when i bumbled onto a green site.
@raydene (9875)
Thanks for your reply .Also thanks for being a little green! R