Fund Raisers, good or bad?

Do you think fund raisers are getting out of hand? My kids are on their 7th or 8th with Market Day monthly. I hate doing them but feel horrible if I don't. Do you do them all?
Because of the economy, fund raisings of all kinds are popping up more and more. I don't do them anymore. I'm glad I don't have too.
I see several fund raisers throughout the school year and honestly I can't do them all--we would go broke if we did. Between school and Girl Scouts, we usually see 5-6 fundraisers a year for my daughter. Though I hardly see one at all for my high schooler. And no, I really don't feel bad at all for not doing them all.
@KrisNY (7609)
It all depends on what it is for-- I don't do too many of the school ones-- Help us build this playground etc.. I pay school taxes. I do take my daughter around for all extra -curricular sports.. She is selling candy bars for softball-- I love this kind- Just leave them on my desk at work-- No peddling the stuff-- no delivering after. She used to sell girl scout cookies-- this was fine- As long as I know part of the money earned goes to her directly-- as in softball- new equipment, or girl scouts, fun outings. I'm all for it!