Kid's drinks

@Caila611 (992)
Any fun summer drink recipes for kids? My daughter and I always like to have cool fun drinks on hand for her friends when they come over. Do you have any recipes you want to share?
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Here's a couple of our favorites that I make for my grandson Cherry Smoothie 2 ounces Cherry ice cream 1 ounce Maraschino cherries and juice 1 ounce Coconut syrup 1/2 ounce Pineapple juice 1/2 ounce Cream 1 ounce Crushed ice 1 Maraschino cherry with stem, drained Combine all ingredients, except the ice & Maraschino cherry with stem, in blender container. Fill with ice to equal 11 ounces. Blend until smooth. Pour into tall 12-ounce glass; garnish with Maraschino cherry. Serve with a straw. DQ Oreo Blizzard Shake 2 Oreo cookie 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream 1/4 cup milk 1 teaspoon fudge topping Freeze the cookies. Break the cookies into tiny pieces. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender & blend for 30 seconds on medium speed. Stop the blender to stir the mixture with a spoon; repeat until well mixed. Pour into a 16-ounce glass. 1 serving.
@Caila611 (992)
YUMMO! where do you get the coconut syrup? i have never heard of that.
@JoyfulOne (6243)
I think I got it at the supermarket, or maybe I got it at the Mexican food store. (My daughter picked it up for me last time.) I know that at the Mexican store I got a can of the coconut milk and it worked just as good.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I use my blender to mix yogurt with fruit. When I make my yogurt smoothies, I usually add a banana, sometimes chocolate, maybe flaxseed (and I stress maybe), and perhaps almond extract. Get creative with it, you might discover new flavors, and your kids will love you for your effort. Kids will drink this like it is going out of style, because the fruit makes it sweet and the yogurt makes it creamy. You are also serving them something that is actually healthy, and not just full of sweetener or sugar. In effect, you kill 2 birds with one stone. My favorite is blueberry yogurt and a banana.
@Caila611 (992)
I'm all for my kid's eating healthy! That sounds really good
@brimia (6588)
Sour Apple Punch Heat 1/2 cup of granulated sugar with one cup of water until the sugar completely dissolves. Pour it into a pitcher, and stir in 4 cups of apple juice and one cup of real lemon juice. Pour this sweet tart summer drink over ice and serve.
@Caila611 (992)
OOOH that sounds good too! My daughter loves sour apple flavor
@SpitFire179 (2536)
i used to make this punch, it's easy, fun, and soooo good... 2 bottles of 7-up 2 cans of frozen orange juice 1 jar marachino cheries 2 tablespoons of real lemon juice Mixer up and ENJOY!!! It's absolutely amazing, sooo good, also works WONDERFULLY as a mixer with vodka! haha Enjoy it, i love it, it's my favorite drink, like a punch, damn experimenting is fun!
@Caila611 (992)
OOOH i might have to try that with the vodka! YUMMY!