Tooth Paste Warning!

@slickcut (8141)
News flash about tooth paste....I don't know who tuned into channel 5 news but channel 5 done an investigation on stores like Dollar tree,greenbacks,and the 99 cent stores.....They found that toothpaste such as "crest" "colgate" and other leading brands that is sold in dollar stores is not the same as you buy at your local grocery or at walmart.....The toothpaste in manufactured in many countries such as south Afrcia and is not approved by the ADA, American Dental Association......They have found that the fluoride is 10 times stronger than is allowed in th US....(percription strength) They are allowed to have it stronger because in those countries they do not have fluridated water like we do in the States......If our children on Occasion swallow it,we could be poisoning our children as well as ourselfs....Channel 5 has tried contacting the Dollar Tree,and other dollar stores and they refuse to comment....
@TerryZ (22083)
Thanks for the info but I dont really take that stuff seriously. Listen I have more important things to worry about then that.LOL As long as it doesnt kill us Im fine with that.LOL
@slickcut (8141)
well i am sorry if you feel it is unimportant..It is very important to me..I treasure my teeth,and i do not want to damage them in any way..I also think it is wise to people with small children....
I am trusting my life to the Singapore government. I believe they will keep a check on such things. Well, I simply don't have the facility back home to do chemical tests on pastes. :P
@slickcut (8141)
This information came from channel 5 news and i am sure it is true..I just though i would pass it along to those that value their teeth..I do hope the sinapore government is keeping an eye on things....
@coolseeds (3921)
That is good information to know. Here in the USA it could be a bad thing. You CAN tell a difference between dollar store products and the regular price stuff. There is definitely some kind of difference.
@greengal (4286)
Oh my is that true? I haven't seen it yet...will take a look. It's a pity such things are not being monitored here. US laws are so stringent and still so many get by like these unnoticed!! Tsk tsk
@aissha (2036)
that is an important piece of information i'll see whether in india they follow ida or not.