A Book Club

@34momma (13895)
I was thinking of putting a book club on my website. I am passionate about reading and I thought it would be a good idea to get my members to inter act with each other. What do you think?
That sounds really interesting. What type (genre) are you thinking about doing? There are some sites, that help you by giving you information on how to set up a book club. I don't think they are for online book clubs though, but I am sure some of the same stuff would apply. I am very interested.
@34momma (13895)
I am open to all kinds of books, but giving the members a choice to each pick a book i thought would be a great idea. so you should stop by my site and check it out
@smacksman (6074)
That's what we do 'offline' as it were. We all chip in a pound and each week one member can spend the float money on any book/books they like. Those books are put into the pool for anyone to read. After two months, the books you purchase are taken out of the pool and given back to you. Each week we all meet at each other's houses and dip into the pool of books for a few to read. Quite amazing the variety that is available and the discussions can become quite colourful!!
@34momma (13895)
i am excitec about it! thanks for the positive feedback
I have never belonged to any kind of a book club, however I think that it is a great idea for generating interaction and possibly increasing traffic to your site. I also think it would lead to the club members developing a bond thru those discussions. The absolute best way to test it...is just to do it...no matter what anyone says, you have everything to gain from doing it and nothing to lose. Good luck and let us know how it turns out...SS
@34momma (13895)
i think it is just best to go ahead and do it too. the worst that can happen is no one joins the club and the best situation i get alot of people to join and we get to talk about books. either way no harm no foul
@patgalca (14557)
• Orangeville, Ontario
It sounds like a good addition to your website. You could have people submit suggestions and then list four or five for everyone to vote on as the next book. Start with one yourself to build your members and see what the response is like. Then get others to suggest stories. People are going to be interested in different genres so you would have to rotate genres, or have separate genre books - meaning you would have a couple of books each month. But no, you can't do that because some people are interested in more than one genre and would want to read two or three of the books. I think rotating genres each month is your best way to go. Good luck!
@34momma (13895)
great idea patgalca. I am going to consider this.
@alexsis (2149)
I'm not sure if your interested, but I'm a memeber of cafemom.com a website for moms, I relly like this website and I'm addicted to it, and they have different groups on their that you can join, and theirs a couple of book clubs group. I've joined the "Books of Color" book club group and the owner will soon be announcing a book to read for the upcoming month. Its free to join, so if you get a chance check it out, I promise you that you will love cafemom.
@34momma (13895)
thanks alexsis. i just might do that. i love reading and then to be able to chat about it with others that love the it too would be great. my goal with my book club is to get the members more involved with each other
@smacksman (6074)
Good idea. Probably not original to the web but what is now. I think bookworms like to chat about their impressions on a book. Go for it momma!!
@34momma (13895)
thanks smacksman. no it is not orignial but i thought it would be a good way to get members to interact with each other. like we do here on mylot
A book club would be great, momma as long as the topic is interesting. I am not good on reading books but I know a lot of people are interested on that. Goodluck for your plans :)
@34momma (13895)
thanks alice, I will make sure i let everyone know how it went