How do you eat?

My Dad used to say that people eat first with their nose, second with their eyes, and finally with their mouth. What he meant by that was: If it smells good, and looks good, then their mouth will automatically be expecting it to taste good. Do you agree, or disagree and why?
@weemam (13377)
I am a greedy person , If I am being totally honest lol , I must admit though that the smell does it for me, I can be on a diet and doing great until I pas a bakers or a fish and chip shop , the smell hits me and I am off lol xx
@Connie1013 (1098)
I agree. If it don't smell good or look good, I won't try it. It won't matter how it tastes. This is a great topic.
I agree with your dad. You follow the aroma...let your eyes check it out and if it passes then signals your mouth
@rx4life (1932)
I think that is true for me!!! I know that when I have a cold and am sensory deprived, food certainly doesn't have it's attraction...it will look delicious but when you can't smell it and can't taste it ..so much is lost!!!! I had a brother in law that used to love to stand in the kitchen while I cooked just to smell it all coming together...it was for sure a big part of his dinner/eating experience!!!
@yanjiaren (9050)
I just salivate lol when I am hungry, but you are right I think that my nose follows the trail and that sets every thing else in motion.
Thank you for your response.
@TerryZ (22083)
Well of course if it smells good certainly Im going to eat it. And if it looks good yes Im goint to eat it. Thats just common sense here.