There really are good people who are kind for no reason!!

I had a lady come over from Waffle House (next door to my hotel) to use our microwave. When she told me she was from next door, I jokingly asked why she didn't bring any hashbrowns. So she went and got me hashbrowns!! I had told her that I was joking cuz I didn't have any $, but she went and got me some anyway!! Wasn't that cool?? Also, I went to lunch one day a few weeks ago and ordered at McDonalds. When I got to the window, I realized that I had left my wallet at work! So I had no $, no credit cards, and they don't take checks (I didn't have an ID either). So they gave me my lunch and said to just bring it back next time!! SO COOL! So I made a special trip the next day to pay for it. I was so greatful! I had a similar experience at Taco Bell about a month ago also. They didn't ask me to come back but said I looked like a nice person (or something like that), so it was on them. Thank you, Lord, that there are plenty of people in this world who care, and who live by your compassionate, and generous example. I pray blessings in their lives and the lives of those touched by their compassion. IJN Amen.
@mssnow (9495)
Yep, I have found some good people too. When I can I always pay it forward by doing what i can for others. That way we all can say someone helped us. I know there are good people because i am one of them .
@TerryZ (22146)
Wow thats pretty good I must say you really did make out there. Ive come alittle short on cash but Im talking cents and theyve let me go. But yes I do agree with you there are some good people left in the world today. I only wish there more of them out there.
Kindness is contageous, so let's start spreading it around!!!
@estherlou (5026)
It is always the small things that can make an impression on us! Something so simple, but an unexpected surprise is a real gift! Thanks for the neat story! It is just a reminder that "giving" doesn't have to be big...anything can be a gift...and giving without expecting anything in return, is a perfect sign of a Christ-like life.
And kindness can be contageous too!!
wow, i dont think ive EVER had a food place of any kind, tell me to "just pay later" or "its on us"!! perhaps i should move to Texas lol!
Just Saturday night I had taken my three grandkids, my daughter-in-law and my self to McDonald's for something to eat. Well, we placed our order and were ready to go and sit down and my oldest granddaughter said she didn't get her drink. We checked the ticket and there was no charge on there for that drink. So I told my granddaughter to go ahead and order her something to drink and when I reached the gal the money for it she wouldn't take it. She said it was on them. I was really surprised. Go figure. I do believe that there are kind people who do things for no reason except that sometimes it just is the thing to do. There are other times than just this once that someone has done something nice and when I tried to pay them they absolutely refused to take any money.
I've had a few situations like that. That if they mess up, they'll make it up to you any way they can, and pretty much the only way is to give it for free. I find that quite honorable, and I will return because they admitted the mistake and were very willing to correct it.
You seem very lucky I live in a big city in london and always visit cities aswell and find others very unfriendly Noone gives anything for free unless they want something That's just how we live