kids in the kitchen

Children are experts at smashing, banging and ripping-so why not turn them into little chefs. The tasks invilved in cooking actually help boost kid cognitive and physical develpoment. Heres what young chefs can do and when:- 1. Two year olds:- They are learning to use the large muscles in their arms, so let them wash vegetables, shuck corn, tear greens and snap beans. 2. Three year olds:- To master hand control, let them mix batter, spread soft butter with a plastic knife and knead dough. 3. Four to five year olds:- These kids are learning more refined hand and finger control. Introduce them to manual equipment like juicers and egg beaters, and teach them how to use measuring cups. 4. Six to Ten year olds:- Cracking eggs, decorating a cake. Children can do almost any intricate task that does not include dangerous equipment, like sharp knives-best left till parents deem the kids ready.
@mr_ilham (1611)
be careful about knife and heater can burn them thank you
@perugu (5281)
HI,FRIEND,THANK YOU VERY MUCH.As myself and my 2 kids are living seperately and we used to spend some time in kitchen.And this info will be useful to many members.all the best and gave a nice day,
@kathy77 (7488)
Yes I think that you are right and instead of our children being a nuisance and creating a lot of noise it would be advisable to turn them into chefs instead. And of course this would be helpful to them as we all should know how to cook for ourselves and family. But this discussion here is great especially with the ages here that you have mentioned and you are right it is a wonderful discussion and I will give you an a + for this discussion.
@Willowlady (10666)
It would be good if everyone included their kids in the kitchen as a regular rule. Those same kids would grow up and then be able to cook for themselves. My kids are good at cooking and do respect the 'dangerous' untensils and machines of the cooking arena. Have told my kids that if they grow and meet someone they like, they can bring them home to Mom and I will teach those unfortunate people how to cook. Still should cook even though there are even colored eggs and precooked bacon in the stores now. Just more fun to do it yourself. Thanks for sharing this with us.
@misheleen73 (6037)
my boys are 7 & 9 and help me all the time with dinner.. then while we eat, they proudly announce to their father that they "made" dinner. I allow them to wash veggies, get ingredients out of the cabinets/refrigerator. Add things to the pot,etc. They really enjoy it.