how many SPF is needed nowadays?

its SUMMER time!!! and sun is not that healthy for our skin and so we all need to put on a sunblock.. how many SPF is required for our skin?
@paulnet (748)
Some people are so sensitive to sunlight. However, there is one preventive treatment that can be offered. The only remedy is to use a sunscreen with a high sun protection factor (SPF). The SPF indicates how effectively the cream protects you from harmful light. People who suffer from sun rash or sun spots should start with a cream with an SPF of 15 to 25 and higher. You may be able to use a cream with a lower SPF after one or two weeks when the skin has had time to get used to sunlight.
I dont usually use SPF in Ireland as we very rarely get hot weather. I put SPF 50 on my sone last summer as he was only 7/8 mths. This summer i will be putting on at least SPF30 on him. I use SPF20 on myself when i go away on holidays so that i dont burn up.