did you try qiut smoking?

Romania
I did for several times, my husband did too more times then I did, and no results, we just take this habbit back anytime we don't have this motivation on. Can you give some hints, or advice?
when you want to smoke,you can eat some sweet.my grandpa stop smoking in this way. you can try.
thank you for advice. I had tried it but don't work for me. yet!
@stacyv81 (5906)
I agree, eating just makes you want one when you are done.
@stacyv81 (5906)
I understand, I have quit twice, but to no avail, as I am smoking now. The first time I quit, for my mom, the second time I quit because I was pregnant with my second. I think the only advice that can be given on this, is you have to want to and you have to do it for you. If you truly dont want to quit, then you probably wont be able to. You have to make a firm decision, and do what you have to do to make it happen. I dont have the motivation either, as I kind of like smoking. But eventually I will have to quit...You just have to want to.
yes i am not sure that i want to quit at all. I try to reduce the number, but i have days when I smoke like crazy thank you
@stacyv81 (5906)
You know what I have noticed with myself is the days I say I am going to quit, those are the days I smoke A LOT!! If I dont say it or think about quitting I smoke way less. Its weird.
@teison2 (5924)
• Norway
I only tried to quit smoking once. Sure i had tried to cut down during the years i smoked, but I never had tried to quit. I had heard stories of people quitting just like that after reading Allen Carrs book about the easy way to stop smoking. I thought it must be a scam. I got curious and got the book. I finished it in a day. Voila! I was a non smoker
did stop smoking or not? after you read the book?