Employer Refuses to Pay Me

A former employer refuses to issue me a paycheck for days I worked. I have spoken with them and have been given the run-around. Where can I turn or what can I do to collect my rightful wages?
@jchampany (1131)
I am sure your state has a Labor Board. These are the people that you go to for these kinds of problems. Take all the information you have on your employer and the hours that you have worked. File a claim with them (it is free) and they will contact your employer. After you have filed a claim you should leave it to the Labor Board to make contact with your employer, you should not discuss the situation further with the employer after you have filed a claim. Maybe you should let your employer know that those are your intentions and he will pay you before you make the claim. Even if that happens I would still report them to the Labor Board. That is illegal and they should be punished.
@Transformed (1262)
SUE, SUE, SUE, SUE. You don't deserve to not get your wages. As the previous poster said, if you've worked and haven't gotten paid, get your evidence and tell them you'll see them in court after quitting your job.
If you have proof that you worked for the wages he's denying you, take them to the labor board. Contact a local employment(state)agency for the information you need about who to talk to and how to go about getting your wages. Best of luck to you.
@Impervious (1154)
First of all document everything. Secondly contact your local dept. of labor.
I am not sure what city you live in, but there must be a government agency where you can report this person. Don't get angry and do anything that you will never be able to change. Pursue the legal way.
I would keep all the records of your worked time and payment due. Keep a record of all the times you have contacted them, persons spoken to and the responses that they gave you. If you haven't been doing it that is fine. Try to remember as much as you can and write it down in a notebook. From now on keep everything written down. Get names. Ask to speak to supervisors, managers and contact the corporate office if your job has that type of management. Make an appointment to go up to speak to someone regarding your wages, unless you going to the job would violate any rules. Next, I would contact the bar association in your area. See if you can get free legal advice and possibly even free legal representation. Them seeing that you have hired an attorney may get them to issue that check a bit faster. If for some reason you cant obtain an attorney, then I would go to small claims court. They are very easy forms to fill out to start your case. Best of luck to you!
You told us you already approach them.. the next thing to do will be to create an avidavit, gather all proofs that you worked for that employer. then slap him with a law suit!!!!!