Can you sleep comfortably on a couch the whole night?

comfortably sleeping on a couch - sleeping comfortably
I know one thing that gives us a really good sleep is our bed, our pillows, and our blanket... but I remember one time when I was very tired that when I tried to get some rest on a couch at our leaving room, I've just fallen asleep and woke up only to find out that it was already morning and I haven't even gone to my room.. lol I spent a good night sleep on the couch...:P well, I was just very tired that I didn't notice I was not with the comfort of my bedroom and all those comfy pillows... but had I not been too tired, I doubt if I can sleep that well there... have you also experienced this one? like you thought you would never sleep comfortably on a couch because you're used to sleeping in the comforts of your bedroom but suddenly found yourself sleeping on the couch?
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
i had been sleeping in our living room couch for many months now. i don't know. i am comfortable there and i love it there. since my dog can only sleep in our living room, i prefer to sleep there, too. crazy, huh? i don't want to leave my dog alone in our living room at night. she cries a lot when she's alone. so, i prefer to accompany her. sometimes, she even sleeps right beside me.
LOL you really love your dog... :P
I don't like sleeping on the couch, and its really pretty uncomfortable to sleep there the entire night, but occasionally, I do it. Sometimes I have company spend the night, and I give them my bed and take the couch.
LOL that happens to me too...giving up my bed for a friend or cousin who sleeps over..:P
@Rexy_leigh (1189)
feeling so comfy sleeping on the couch - sleeping preferences
My dad doesn't want us to sleep on the couch as he says that would give us some stiff neck or back pain as our couch is not that big..:P but I do love it there, going against my dad once in a while..hehehe and when I go visit my grandmother's house, I often prefer to sleep on the couch in the living room as I find it more comfortable there.
@aprilgrl (4460)
No, I have to sleep on my own bed and the couch is not too comfortable. I have tried to sleep on the couch once and my feet sticks out
@towongfoo27 (2989)
I am more comfortable on the couch, because I have something against my back and side. I suppose this could relate back to when I was a baby when there were those baby-bumpers all around me. The experts say it gives a feeling of being comfortbale in the womb by being surrounded. Perhaps the coach gives the same comfort, because with my bed I feel I am unprotected with only one side. The couch on the other hand provides two sides to nestle into, and this helps me to relax more.
@kgwat70 (13398)
i sleep very comfortably on my couch in my living room. I call it the magical couch because once I sit down on it and pulls me in and I am asleep for a long time. I actually sleep better on the couch than I do on my new bed and my old bed. It is a very comfortable sleeper sofa and it just drains the energy right out of me.
@maryannemax (12174)
• Sweden
yep. that's how i feel with out living room couch, too. just like yesterday afternoon, i asked my youngest brother to transfer to another seat since i want to lie down the couch. just minutes after, i fell asleep.
Cool! thanks for your responses, friends... :P
i absolutely not sleep very well on a couch.i used to sleep on my bed.if i am very tired ,maybe i fell into a deep sleep on a couch ?
@cassidy22 (2975)
I can totally sleep on a couch. Especially if I am alone out of town, at a friends house. At home, I sleep with my husband and at least one dog, maybe a cat too. Being on a couch, I can snuggle into the couch back, and it's more comforting than being on a bed alone. Sometimes just a change of pace can also help me sleep. As long as the couch is long enough t stretch out on, I can sleep on it.
@skb369 (285)
it dont matter to me what i sleep on as long as i can rest my body on it without falling off. i can easily fall asleep in a bus seat, but the threat of falling off onto a very discomfited and pugnacious neighbour keeps me fom doing it. my couch is also a pretty decent place to catch my forty winks on, for its pretty comfy. though its pretty small and i cant stretch my legs on it, it still feels great to lie down on and rest my eyes. its placed in fornt of the telly too, so most often than not, i fall asleep while watching late night tv. although i would choose my own bed over the couch anyday, for nothing beats the comfort of one's own bed.
@brckoba (795)
If I am very tired I usually pass out anywhere. One time after work I lay down on the carpet to play with my daughter and next thing I know I was sleeping. My wife brought me a blanket and a pillow and let me sleep there. I end up having a backache or leg cramps. I think is because of the awkward position in which I sleep.
I used to put my son to sleep on our living room couch when he was smaller. I had no idea it was so comfortable before I started doing that. He used to sleep so well there. Now I put him to sleep on our bed but he would not sleep for long. I guess he preferred the couch. I too fall asleep on the couch sometimes when I am exhausted and found out that it can be more comfortable than the bed at times like that. My hubby sleeps on the couch too when we have a fight, no kidding.
LOL, it happens to my parents too... my dad got to sleep on the couch when they have bad arguments.. :P
@faraza (159)
if i had a fabric based couch, then i might feel cmfortable sleeping on it. but my current couch is made from PU, so it's quite hot to sit for a long time on it, let alone sleeping on it!
I have often been sitting on my couch while watching tv in the afternoon and it was so comfortable that I have fallen asleep. I would have love to stay there undisturbed but cooking and household chores just had to be done. If I had a lot of visitors staying at my house, I would willingly give up my bedroom to them, and I would sleep on the couch.
@hdbueg (611)
I know that I don't. That would explain why I wake up only hours after falling asleep on couch. If I want a good night sleep I have to be in bed.
I have a lot of trouble going to sleep most nights, I average about 2 hours of sleep, when I want to have a really good night of sleep, I wait until I am starting to get drowsy then I finally lay on the couch and 'just collapse' I usually wake feeling totally refreshed and with a clear head. I am not sure why this is, but it sure is nice to be able to get that every once in awhile, even though it doesn't work all of the time.
@beaniegdi (1966)
I've done this a few times but I don't think it is good for you to sleep like this. I have found that if I am feeling stressed out I am more likely to fall asleep on the couch.
@cher913 (25895)
I actually sleep better on the couch than in my bed...i think it is becuase there is a back to it and i like to be squished against it lol
@laurabeth (146)
It has to be a comfortable couch but yes, I always fall asleep on the couch watching tv.
@pava1326 (130)
i can sleep. its just the matter of habbits. i can sleep even of floor
@chesssy (203)
i like sleeping on the couch during the afternoons. it's refreshing and kinda cool than to be cooped up in the bedroom. the downside is, my back often hurts when i wake up because of the small space.
@emisle (3824)
We have a comfy couch at home which would be grand to sleep on, but the one in the kitchen ain't so great! I think it depends on the sort of couch you have. I had a flatmate who even once slept on a table after a night out!