Do you prefer a lapcat or an acrobat?

We all know there are all kinds of cats. Kittens and the sage elders, fat cats and whipcord thin cats, napping in the sun cats and hiding under the bed cats, etc. So, what do you prefer, a quiet cat who will purr in your lap, or one that will run around the house amusing you with antics? Any particularly good stories? I had a cat who lived for 17 years with us, she died over Thanksgiving. Anyways, she was a touch clueless and rather overweight, but very lovable, and very much a people cat. So one day she was sitting on the end of our chaise (like a chair with an ottoman attached) facing the back of it, and the sun crept up on her back, so she rolled backwards slowly to sun herself and... fell of the edge! She wasn't hurt at all, sprang right up and looked around like she was saying "I didn't do that! You didn't see that!" It was a great slow motion pratfall.
@jahvo6 (624)
• Peru
I prefera lapcatsoI can touch him,play with him,I like to hug them a lot and i f thbe cat doesntliketo be hugged and is independent I guess is not good for me.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I tell ya, Jean, that I have both. I love my lazy kids just fine, but do find the acrobats very entertaining. But the one I find most frustrating is the one that jumps up on me. I wish I could get him to only do it on invitation. Yesterday he took a running stride & ran right up me. I'm standing there drining a soda & suddenly have an arm full of cat! And I think he needs a trim!