Can you Watch a Movie Over and Over and Over?

@matlgal (1687)
My hubby can watch his old movies over and over week after week after week. Can you? We get the turner classic movie channel and I swear it's Clint Eastwood every night. The old speghetti westerns... what a laugh those are. But he loves them. Not to mention the John Wayne movies that are on some channel 24/7. I have a couple of favorites that I like to watch once in awhile. Steel Magnolia's, Gone With the Wind, Funny Girl, Forest Gump... but that's about it. Are you one that can watch them over and over and over?
Yes I do and I carefully guard all my tapes and DVDs. I have different ones for whatever mood I feel like indulging.
@matlgal (1687)
See- I am the odd duck here! Well gosh maybe there is some benefit to having a stash of well liked movies for those rainy days? I will have to reconsider my opinion on this I see. Thanks gals - I can always count on your to help me see the light.
@mtdewgurl74 (18122)
My husband drives me nuts watching the same thing over and over again. He can do that after a few times I have a harder time being interested because I already know whats going to happen. He watches the old westerns on t.v. and he also likes watching Bonaza and sanford and son. His favorite channel I believe is tv land because it has all the old shows. I have a few I like to watch to like the A-team and a few others. but I don't like watching them over and over again if I have seen it and remember it I turn it. Forest Gump is a classic and I don't think anone would tire of it that easily.
@matlgal (1687)
It must be a guy thing huh? LOL. They are so easy to entertain. . Thanks for the response. I appreciate your taking the time.
@Katlady2 (9925)
I could watch Ace Ventura Pet Detective and Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo over and over again. But those are the only ones. My hubby is like yours. He can watch the same movie 30 times in a row and still enjoy it every time. In fact, last weekend, he tortured me with the Trinity series of movies ALL weekend long. I mean, they are funny and all, but once or twice is enough! LOL
@eaforeman6 (8983)
I like to watch some movies more then once. I have watched gone with the wind many times. Its fun sometimes to go back and see one that you really liked. I like adam sandler and certain people and I dont mind watching them more then once.I also like the old movie channels because they show movies that I have never seen as well as classics that I do enjoy seeing again.
It must be the guy in me but I can watch John Wayne movies year after year. The Quiet Man. I must have seen that a half dozen times. His old westerns. Watch them over and over. I've lost count of how many times I've watched: Galaxy Quest (hysterically funny) Raiders of the Lost Ark ET Close Encounters Men In Black When Harry Met Sally There are so many more. Mind you, I don't watch them every week. Once a year for all my favorites is usually good. I know what's going to happen at the end, but I always forget the details in between. Recently had a Lord of the Rings Trilogy DVD extended version weekend. Over 12 hours of Frodo and the Fellowship. It was great. I'd seen all of them before, of course. If I like a movie, I want to see it at least twice. The second time I always pick up on things I missed the first time.
@matlgal (1687)
Well there goes that theory out the window LOL. You all seem to think that is pretty normal here that appears? So I must be the odd duck on this. There are just some that I would see more than twice, but darn few. THanks for the info though.... I made an assumption I shouldn't have.! Good to know
@Island_Geko (3760)
yes there are only a few movie that I can do that with, the movie has to be worth the time to watch it, it has to have excitment and most importantly evertime I watch it I have to see new thing I have not seen before.
@matlgal (1687)
Good Point. I have done that. I've seen it twice or more and picked up on something that I totally missed in the first showing. I love that!. I've dont that with Forest Gump and that movie is packed with things that you just didn't quite grab the first time through. Thanks for sharing :)
@reinydawn (11651)
My husband watches a movie once and that's about it. I can watch a decent movie every time it's on! If there's nothing new on (yeah, 1000 channels and nothing to watch) I'll suggest something old but good. He's like "We've already seen that." When my kids were little, we would tape movies off of HBO and they would watch them over and over again.
@matlgal (1687)
Well yeah kids can watch a movie 5-6 times in once day. I remember when my first Grandson was born. He loved the movie "Jungle Book". He had the movie, he had the tape for his little tape player and one of the two of them went everyday for months. We were soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of Jungle Book. I still can't stand that movie LOL. So yes I agree that kids love to watch things over and over.
I've watched "The Princess Bride" over 300 times. When I was much younger, I watched it just about every day in the summer. There are some movies that I can watch a lot, and others that I get bored with quickly. Mostly, the ones I watch a lot, I buy on DVD. :)
@emeraldisle (13158)
If I like a movie I can watch it fairly often. Not every night but I'll watch it when ever I feel like it especially if I have it on DVD. I like rewatching movies I know. It's like visiting with a good friend. I don't have to think with them and I can just enjoy the time.
Gosh I must have seen Casablanca about 15 times, and Key Largo and thd African Queen about 10 times eaach (I'm abig Bogart fan). Also Gone With the Wind, the Sting, Cool Hand Luke and Shane 5 or 6 times each. Must be a few others too!
I cannot watch the same things over and over. Too boring for me. Once is enough. Gone with the wind is great, but after reading the book, it wasn't as good. So, once for me on anything, and that's good enough.
@matlgal (1687)
aaahhhh haaaa I'm not the only one then! KEWL! thanks for your help. it's great to know I am not the only one. However I will watch the classiscs twice maybe LOL - Several Years apart of course!
I can watch Magnificent 7, The Great Escape, Ben Hur, or Rio Bravo over and over. And lots of others too!
Fried Green Tomatoes. That is a movie that i saw in a theater with my mom THREE times before it came out and we bought it. Once it came out, my best friend, Sylvia, and I would watch it ALL the time and we got to where we could say the lines before they would say them. She passed away in 05 and watching that movie with her is one of my favorite missed memories.
There are a few movies that I can watch again and again. Field of Dreams, Shrek, BIG, Somewhere in Time, Starman, The Bridges of Madison County, just to name a few.
@shanyuo (251)
I love watching old movies espically John Wayne
@LCecelia (1124)
There are some movies that I can watch over and over again. Tops on my list is the Gayle Sayers Story. I can't get through that without crying. Another one that I love is It's A Wonderful Life. Magic. Steel Magnolia is great! I cry over that one too. Gone With The Wind was good too. I remember reading the book too. And of course Forest Gump!!