The odd thing when a child is sick....

@abednego7 (1060)
When I was a child I always wonder why every time me and my sibling got sicked was the only time our parents would ask what we want to eat, then they would offer "pancit", soft drinks, and other foods the we don't often taste if we are not sicked. The problem is whenever a child is sicked somehow his/her ability to taste is lesser so those foods will not be enjoyed the way it used to when he/she is healthy.
When my children were sick, I would always ask them what they would like to eat. Whether it was good or bad for them, I would give it, so that would at least have something in their stomach. Besides, when our little ones are ill, we feel very sorry for them and it is nice to give them little treats and make a fuss of them.
@abednego7 (1060)
That very kind of parents doing such good things to their children. Thanks for sharing.
@dbzfan (253)
Well I Eould Recommend Only Those Foods That Childrens Would Like to Eat,That May become Healthy Again. As Most of the Parents Know What Their Childrens Wanna Eat. And What Type of Food is Good For Them.
@abednego7 (1060)
Thanks for your commend and for dropping by.
I believe the reason for this ( as it is with my children anyway ) is because when your child is sick you don't care what they eat or drink just as long as they do so they won't become dehydrated . When they are feeling well it is not healthy to have and you don't want it to become a habit . The most important thing when someone is sick is that they are able to be able to hold something down and it is a way to make someone who is not feeling well just a little better because they are getting something they don't have on a regular basis , this is what makes it special and the child is more willing to have it even if they don't feel like eating or drinking because it is the only time they are offered it .
@abednego7 (1060)
Great answer as I may say. I really don't understand it when I was a child. I never thought that those act of my parents was to make me feel special, all I knew was its a waste since I could not eat it either. But like you said I was still love to have those foods being offered to me by my parents though I did not tasted it.