How did you meet your best friend? Do you have a best friend?

How did you all meet your best offline friend (or even online friends) if you're a person who tends to make more friends online instead of offline as some people are wont to do. If you don't have a "best" friend, you may discuss how you've met your closest friends. I personally don't have a "best friend" per se who is not in my family, but of my friends I've made in life, the circumstances are usually random. For instance, I once moved to another house and right across the street were some friendly kids to play catch with and there you go, instant friends.
@lisagayle (395)
I was working at a burger joint, and there were two new hires, on this paticular day, and I just wanted to do my job and get my shift over with. Well, I had to train one of the new employees, that was gonna be a big pain, or so I thought. It turned out to be a really good day and i gained a friend along the way, it is kinda of freaky how we are so much alike. Our own husbands can't tell us apart on the phone of if we are all together, I can say something and they will say which one of you were just talking, we unknowing buy the same things at the same time and all kinds of stuff. Although she is 9 years older than me, we think alike, have alot of alike features, like the exact same music, and all kinds of stuff like that, we have a theory about it all. The theory is that we are twins born 9 years apart. The good Lord in Heaven decided at the last miniute that the earth could not handle having both of us on it at the same time. She was a twin, but the other one was misscarried, and that is how we came to our conclusion that we are twins born at different times to different parents, or else our parents would have probably killed us both, we were both if one set of parents had to put up with us both. I know it sound stupid, but it is our theory, and noone else has to like it, but we do.
I moved into a second-floor apartment some years ago. Late at night my first night there, I decided I did not like the way my furniture was arranged, and I couldn't sleep, so I spent the next 1/2 hour or so re-arranging it. Soon I heard a knock on my door. it was a very sleepy-eyed young lady asking me if I could please, PLEASE, choose a more reasonable hour to do all that moving. I apologized as profusely and sincerely as I could, and she went away with a grumpy grunt. A few days later I saw her again and once again apologized. She was more accepting of ity in the daylight hours. I offered to buy her dinner and she accepted. We have been best friends ever since.