do you allow smoking in your home?

My hubby smokes but not in our home I'm a severe asthmatic and I hate the smell of smoke on the furniture and the clothing.We have asked our Friends and family politely to respect the fact that we don't allow people to smoke in our home.how do you feel about smoking in your home or others smoking there? Cheryl
@carlaabt (3505)
We don't allow smoking in our house, or our car for that matter. One reason: Elliott. I do not want anyone smoking around my little guy. In fact, while we were dating, my husband smoked, but I told him we wouldn't even consider having children after we got married if he was going to smoke around them. He quit before we got married. I know people might say I'm mean. But I feel very strongly on this issue. I know that I had a lot of health problems growing up that I wouldn't have had if my dad hadn't smoked all the time. If my husband is even in someone else's car and they smoke I smell it when he gets home. While I was pregnant he had to immmediately take a shower because it made me so sick. Now he just automatically still does because of that.
well i should think with that precious baby nobody smokes around him that was very generous of your husband he must care a lot for you and respect your feelings.and he must know your love him and are only looking out for his health when you don't want him to smoke.. thanks for responding hon its so appreciated big hugs Cheryl
None of us smoke in my house. We do occasionally get guests who smoke though. They are fortunately understanding enough and will just exit the house and smoke outside and come back when they are done.
yeah thats the same here i now don't feel so guilty after hearing for all of you thanks for responding have a great day Cheryl
We have people smoke on our enclosed porch. The windows open to let the smoke seep out. I do not allow smoking inside my home. I know people who light up with their kids in the same room, even carry babies on their hip while puffing away. They don't seem to care.
i know i see that around my city to and i'm sure my jaw hit the floor how can you do that to a baby or even a small child.what you want to do to your body is your choice do mke it there's...In our new home we are going to have a screened in porch for john to smoke..because he knows he will not smoke in this house either lol thanks for responding hon hugs Cheryl
@gdr_000 (117)
yes in my house everyone smoke so we smoke in house
well of course that is your right to chose and i respect that thank you for your response have a great day Cheryl
@20031969 (934)
neither i have an habit of smoking at home or outside and even i do not tolrate those who comes at my home and start smoking. at that time i request him to go on terrace for a while and finished it first then entered into my room. i do not want to be second hand smoker. thanks.
@jennybianca (12914)
Unfortunately I do smoke in my own home. I do respect the right of others not to allow smoking in their own home.
@buenavida (8195)
• Sweden
I once learned that a small sign "Thank you for not smoking here" is very efficient. No need to explain every time as long as people can read..:)