avatars

@bgerig (1259)
Can you believe the number of dogs and cats which are avatars for myLot members? It seems half of my friends have one or the other as their symbol. Do we love our pets that much, or are we just so ugly that we don't want to post our own mug (my reason!)?
@gberlin (3837)
Well I posted my mug for my avatar because I like to see who I am talking to and I don't mind people seeing me. I do have 2 cats and they are very cute and I have posted many of their pictures under the cat interest section. Their names ar Barnes and Noble. I think some people are not comfortable putting up their own picture as an avatar but they don't want to leave it blank either so they use their pet's picture.
You surely have beautiful cats. As they appear in the picture, they exude an aura of being healthy and of being well taken care of by their masters. There is good reason for you to be proud of them.
@kclaret59 (587)
i love dogs and cats but not enough to post them here.. and besides, if i really like to upload photos of my loved ones, i'd rather post my son's pic.. not this one...
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I take a terrible picture so after my summer vacation this year I will be posting pictures of my pet as well as some family. No pictures of me. It would send you screaming from the room. I also am just learning the site so I really don't know how to upload pictures yet. I am not sure anyone here would really want to see a picture of me when my pet rabbit is so much cuter. Besides maybe if I see more people posting their pictures maybe I would be more comfortable about putting mine on.
@charms88 (7546)
I used my real pet bunny as my avatar because I was thinking he is too adorable. I refused to use my own picture not because I'm ashamed of myself but I'm a very private person by nature and who knows, with a lot of members here, they might use your picture for something else.
@ElicBxn (59816)
I don't want people to know what I look like. Not because I'm ugly, but because I'm causious. I've never been stalked, and at my age don't think someone is going to start, but neither do I want people being rude or cruel. My cats are my babies & I like to share them with people. Since they are indoor only cats, no one will do rude things to them. One thing I would never do if I had human children, is post their picture. I can't believe it when people do, I fear that that'll attract weirdos.
@jennybianca (12918)
I use my own photo as an avator, and I am by no means a young, good looking chick. I love my cats and dogs, and I was tempted to put their photo up. Some of the avatars are people, but I don't believe they are the "real" person, a lot of the time anyway. I think some people use fake pictures.
I think it is high time for you to post your own avatar. Are you thinking that it shall be your photo? Mine is the photograph of the entire family. I would like to change it but, until this time I can't make up my mind as to what would it be. It was taken when we were happily crowding around the kitchen. We were all in our working clothes and unkempt. You know those moments when we go around tasting foods, eating and joking around? That's just it. As for people having pets for their avatar, I could surmise that it is because they are so attached to their pets. So, they pick the cutest photograph of their pets for the purpose. Most of us do not want our photographs to be flagging around people's faces. There is a possibility that this is their reason for it.
I don't think it's because people believe they are to ugly to be showing their faces. I think it's because we have a lot of proud animal owners or lovers here, that we have so many animal avatars. Some, like me, are just tired of looking at our picture every time we log in. Though I am sure everyone has their own reason for the avatars that they have.
@wildhorse (1293)
• Egypt
So why you don't have anything at all on your avatar lol i think you should have anything there even a pet, this will help us find you easier and identify you as a friend :) i think it's ok when people use their pets photos as avatars, it's kind of cute and catches the attention of other pet lovers ..
One reason could be these pets are really cute. Since they look adorable, why not use them as avatars? And if one prefers not to put their real photo here, their favorite pet would be a suitable substitute. ;-)
@aprilgrl (4460)
Well I think a lot of people loves their pets. I don't think were ugly we just don't want to show it just a thought.
@cassidy22 (2975)
could I use this as my avvie? - Salkantay Pass, Peru
I didn't use my pet as my avatar, even though I love my doggies. I also won't use an image of myself, because I don't make my images open to the public. Even if you look at the pictures I post here, they are never of me. It's just something I do to protect my identity on the internet.
@Willowlady (10666)
A dog or cat is better than this green thing that is a stand in til you decide what to use. I have pictures of different things. At Christmas mine was a kitty with a Santa hat. Then some artwork I found that looked a bit like me. Now this one that I think looks some like me. I might put ones up for holidays. It is a form of self expression