Bus hostage in the Philippines

A bus with 32 children(about 5-7) and 2 teachers was hostage in the Philippines. I can't believe how this guy (jun Ducat) manage to hostage this poor children. But he was doing it for a cause. He was calling the attention of the corrupt politicians in the philippines to give those children educational plans for their future and a house and lot for their families (because they were living in the squatters area). I saw the whole thing and it's all over the news!
@info2go (241)
What he did was in good faith, yes I agree with you on that BUT I really believe it was rather uncalled for because, First of all if the Filipino authorities and government officials really wanted to help people then I believe they should act(ed) out on initiative and not need any cue or prompting from the populace to do it.. Secondly, bringing GRENADES and MACHINE PISTOLS into a bus filled with innocent children and terrified teachers was a bit too radical, he shouldn't have gone through all that trouble to convey his sympathy for the youth because it was unnecessary, unintelligent and thoughtless (what if the grenades accidentally went off on them?..).. Third, any person within the right frame of mind wouldn't think of that act to be effective, he may have pulled people's attention on his sob story but it wont budge a bit the minds of the passive officials. He could've just climbed a skyscraper in Makati and threaten to jump and kill himself if his wishes weren't followed; at least that way he's on his own way to the other side and people wouldn't be too shocked and bothered about it. d(o_?)b news link: http://www.mb.com.ph/MAIN2007032890654.html
That's true. I think there are a lot of ways to seek for help for these children. If he really have a good intention of helping these poor kids then he shouldn't hve put them in danger. With an unpinned granade in the bus?! What;s the worst thing that could happen right?
Good intentions. Wrong method. Terror mongering will never be right. Jun Ducat isn't doing this for the 1st time. Its not a good habit to pursue and he will be punished. He is not a hero. He is frustrated and his methods do not put him in a better position. His angst against corruption is rendered null by his adulation to one of the most corrupt rulers of the Filipino executive. Mr. Ducat has it pretty mixed up when he suggests that GMA would need the people's help to fix the local corruption problem. She is helping herself unabatedly on the taxes of the tired Filipino. Yes the Filipino system of governance walks on shoes made of corruption, but there are ones who choose the heat and paisn of the pavement rather wearing them. Mr. Ducat, you have driven yourself in a very crazy situation and further gone astray with your belief that the current president is not one of the thieves you should criticize.
@luzamper (1360)
However good the intention is, we should not use such manner to achieve our goals. It's nonsense I think to call the attention of the corrupt politicians and let them give educational plans. We are a country of laws and we have to obey the laws of the land. The children are pitiful and they should have Ducat confined in a mental institution for check up and rehabilitation is necessary.
@jojogirl (289)
this jun ducat guy must be out of his mind. he might think that he is doing it for a good cause but the trauma he gave to the children is no joke. is he a machiavelli follower? i'll catch the full story on tv patrol later.
Yah, watch it later. But it's on the news on other channel. If you have a cable you can watch it in the ANC .. I think the end doesn't justify the means. Don't you think?
@jojogirl (289)
yup, his method was all wrong.
@jengrin (947)
Oh I haven't heard about that news. I'll try to check it out in the net later. I do hope they will listen to him. Not just for them but for us filipinos. They should stop corruptions and help the poor filipinos.
Try to search for it in the net. I got scared when i saw the bus with children. The guy was holding a bomb. i can't believe that someone will do that
@jengrin (947)
Oh I'm so sorry for my first response. I didn't realize I was so stupid about what I said in my first response until I checked out about that news. What the hostage taker did was wrong even though his motives is to help other poor people. I felt sorry for what happen to the children. Again sorry.
This is the link to the news http://news.yahoo.com/page/messageboards;_ylt=AkiTHFY24TBu7cd0wg13ym39xg8F We have laws to be followed and his means is not in accordance with the law. I just hope the government authorities could resolve the problem peacefully.
Thanks for giving the link. =)
Yep I agree. Jun Ducat has done it before, he hostaged the parish priest at blumentritt for the same cause. The priest did want to spend church funds on building houses for his friends which merely contradicted the fact that the money was supposed to be for church infrastructure improvements. He was pissed of the current government systems including those who are seated in power. All of his efforts are only for one reasonable request, and that is to stop corruption, give those overpayed taxes and cartels to the less fortunate people to boost up economy. To think that he's an engineer, why and what would it take for him to do this? Better start thinking for those elected!!!
I agree. But we have to say that it was for a good cause. I also heard about it that he already hostaged two priests. And i think that was 20 years ago. What was shocking is he was the founder of that daycare.