Going to be cold tonight

@Caila611 (992)
Ok. I have some seeds that are sprouting in containers (rosemary, basil, parsley, serrano peppers, artichoke, thyme, cantaloupe, and mint) It is going to get down into the upper 30's tonight. It has been in the upper 80's for days and now the temperature is going to drop a drastic 30 degrees! Should i bring my pots in? or will they be ok outside.
@nrnotrare (631)
Hello Caila611.... I would consider covering them or bringing them in just to be safe, low 30's for a few hours could frost them badly. Tom
@Caila611 (992)
Thanks! I covered them but apparently it's not as cold as they said it was going to get. It's still 73 right now.
@jbrowsin66 (1322)
YES, I would bring them in! While that' probably just a hair over a frost, if they are used to 80's then this will be a shock. If they survive, they might be stunted.
@bonbon50 (659)
I live in Zone 5 and they always warn us to cover cold-sensitive plants with wet newspapers when a frost is possible.