Girl from YouTube claiming to to starve herself until Sanjaya leaves?

I was watching Fox News this morning, and witnessed a clip about a girl from YouTube claiming to starve herself until Sanjaya leaves American Idol. The girl on the YouTube video says she will not eat until Sanjaya gets voted off, denounces his position, or gracefully steps down. I am wondering what the Mylot community thinks about this, notwithstanding your opinions on Sanjaya. I think it is a little silly, and I also don't think the girl will actually starve herself, for she appears too "healthy." What do you think about all this? lol
• Portugal
That’s the foolish thing I have ever heard of. And she is probably eating a nice sandwich right now. Because no one in there right mind would do such a stupid thing. To me this is just a marketing strategy that the girl found to get famous. And the fact is that she did get famous.
Okay, you have a point. Curses. She did get famous, the Mylot community is sure talking about her.
@cutepenguin (6457)
I think she's being ridiculous. For one thing, it's a TV show, for heaven's sake, not the fate of the world or anything like that. And for another, I agree with those who have pointed out that Sanjaya has feelings. It's kind of cruel the way he is being treated, although on the other hand, some of it is just what happens when you're in the public eye.
I tend to think the girl is insulting the culture Sanjaya may be related to, or that people associate him with. If she is getting negative publicity, somewhat like Sanjaya, I wonder what she thinks of fame now.
Sorry about the double post!
@urbandekay (18312)
Stupid show-off all the best urban
I am laughing with your remark! What is she showing off, though, her ignorance? lol
@urbandekay (18312)
I mean showing off like a spoilt little child lies on the floor and screams and beats its fists against the floor all the best urban
@amwoodke (58)
I think this is pretty ridiculous, but I don't really believe she'll completely starve herself either. I think she's just trying to get attention, and look at that, she did. I gotta say though, I'm about ready to start puking up my food if Sanjaya doesn't leave soon.
Awghhh! Amwoodke, you really feel that way about poor Sanjaya? He has my sympathy! Simon did have a point when he said there isn't too much else the judges can say about Sanjaya. He looks like he is having fun though.
@rekhum (2434)
We can't judge Sanjaya's talent.He's got good vocal albeit his ugly stage performance. American Idol is a tough competition.So they will choose who is the best ultimately.Youtube has all the crazy,weird people who are trying to get some hits or appreciations from people around the world for some rediculous videos they upload and wanting to become popular overnight. Seems Sanjaya's getting lotta votes from his community.But i've lost tract since his final 11 performance.It wasn't up to the mark comparing to the other competitors.His sister's better,really. And ain't Simon goin mad? Or was that 'just another comment'of his to quit from the judge panel if Sanjaya wins? The subject girl here should just mind her own business if she doesn't like his performance. Thanks
If this is true then this girl is just stupid. Why would she care so much about the way people are voting to go and hurt herself. I really could care less though if she does harm herself then thats her problem. I also hope that Sanjaya doesn't leave because of this. I haven't watched any of this eppisode, but I do know how bad he has been. I hope that this issue doesnt cause any problems though.
It probably won't cause too mush controversy, given the silliness of it. lol
@kakuemmom (862)
I watch American idol but missed this whole story. What is the big deal what did he do. I don't think he is the best singer but then again there are always a few each season that you think "why are they here". As for the girl starving herself she has some problems that for sure.
Sanjaya is doing his own thing, and he is probably having fun. I don't think the girl is though.
@rabi9634 (420)
Some people will do anything for publicity. I hope she realizes how this makes her look. It's one thing to go on a hunger strike to protest a war, but to protest someone from American Idol? Give me a break.
I hope she break a leg. lol
@lafavorito (2966)
So stupid. Who does she think she is to demand an American Idol contestant to leave the contest? It's funny and sick at the same time. That girl needs some serious therapy.
It is sickenly funny. lol She clearly thinks she's all that in a nutshell. Right.
@Riptide (2761)
I think it's really silly and it makes you wonder why she is so obsessed with that one person. She sounds like your typical spolied brat, who held her breath as a baby until she got what she wanted. Not to sound cruel, but if she wants ot be stupid like that, oh well,let her.
Good point, Riptide, let the Youtube chick stumble on her own silliness, maybe it will teach the girl a lesson. Then again, maybe not.
I think she just hate Sanjava, or insecure with her, maybe she just wanna notice by everybody thats why, and you say that she's healthy maybe the time no one listens to her then she will do the action, she will starve..
For all we know, the girl may dislike Sanjaya because he is getting the attention, while we laugh even harder at her. lol
I also seen it at CNN and i think she's crazy.....
I think she is silly. lol
This girl is just one of those people who wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame. If she will really starve herself, then she will have no food till next week. It will be long time coming. I really think Sanjaya is resign that he will be going home one day. And he will go gracefully. He is still young and he knows what everybody is saying about him and probably the other members of AI. But then, he got followers. So as long as these followers are so loyal on the voting and texting, we can't see his exit soon. He probably has lots of support from his community.
I agree ladymoonstone143, Sanjaya will be going home one day.
@Transformed (1262)
I don't know how to respond to that. I don't even watch American Idol, but that girl who wants to starve herself...is she sane?
Her sanity remains to be seen. lol
i must say..stop starving herself..it will not do any good to her......i dont think sanjaya will let a girl ruining his stay there..
I think you are right, korvinkate, in saying Sanjaya will not let some silly girl needing attention ruin his stay. Whatever happens with Sanjaya, he looks to be having fun.
so i guess she could lose 20 or so lbs good for her, set yer sights girl and work on it, any reason to lose a few excess lbs is good in my eye whether it be superficial or other
I really don't think she will lose a significant 20 lbs from this, do you?
Lol...Ive heard him sing. This is no shock. Makes me want to put my head through the TV.
I am actually laughing while I write this, because your response hit home. lol
@venshida (4837)
She is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame. I think she should be ignored. She will not starve herself. People do anything to get on TV, just ridiculous.
We all want fifteen minutes of fame. I sure wouldn't mind five minutes of fame, but I do not plan on starving myself for it.
hahahahha a, , ,i just cant stop laughing , , , ( im still laughing ) ( my moms wondering if im gone crazy ) ..... hahaha ........is this really true..... if yes than im still laughing , , , , well hes a nice guy , , he tries so hard , but he cant i guess, , oh my have u guys seen his hair do this week , , the cameras may have got spoit .......... it was very very nice till the last week .... i think this time hes goin
I don't like to disappoint, but Seacrest just announced Sanjaya is staying a bit longer it seems. lol
towongfoo, I think you're right in saying that she's doing this to make fun of his culture. Fasting is something Muhammad Gandhi did to protest against British invasion. So she may very well be picking this act on purpose.
Oh no I didn't....Muhatma Gandhi
I think the girl has a problem. I want Sanjaya to leave too. He isn't the best singer and people need to remember it isn't a popularity contest! I'm not going to stop eating over a silly boy. I DO wish he'd listen to the judges though. He has a voice if he would just take the advice given to him, he would be there based on his singing abilities not because the little girls love him
It would seem high school politics don't end when high school does.