Are you having a family celebration for Easter with a special meal planned?

This Easter will be a difficult one for my family (it will be the first holiday without mom). We'll be fine, and I know there will be a lot of memories shared. My husband and I have invited my sisters, their families, our children (1 daughter is grown and the other lives with her mom), my mother-in-law, and a few close family friends. We're planning to have a ham, deviled eggs, potato salad, kielbasa sausage, 3 bean salad. I think everyone coming will bring something in addition. We'll also have the traditional egg hunt for the little ones, we only use plastic eggs with candy or money in them. I've never been into hiding candy eggs or boiled eggs. Will any of you be having a large family celebration with family, and are you planning a special menu? Happy Easter!
My family aren't religious so we don't celebrate easter. It will just be like a normal weekend to me. It is nice to have a family get together, but you don't really need a holiday like easter to do it in.
Yes Peach, I always cook a big meal on Easter, dye eggs, the whole nine yards. I have over the last few years been rethinking our traditional holiday festivities, as I am beginning to believe them of false teachings. But old habits die hard and I am not so sure that it would be fair to my family if I were to just say okay No more easter or Christmas. And lets face it its just plain fun. But my heart is grappling with a truth that is eluding me. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful day.
@jennybianca (12918)
This Easter we are going away camping. We are going to Port Hughes, a beautiful site right on the coast. So it will just be myself, husband & three children. It will be too difficult to plan a special celebration, but the five of us will have a good time anyway. Copincidently, it is my daughters 14th birthday over Easter. So I will have a birthday cake. They are quite excited. Of course, the Easter Bunny will come on Sunday.
@webeishere (36377)
I haven't heard from daughter if her the grandsons and her fiancee are even coming over yet for easter. So no plans as of this time. We used to have the huge family get together while mom was still with us. Every holiday was like that. Since she's been gone we seldom have the big meals etc. Thanks for the discussion. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!