Venting a little - how mad would you be?

@makingpots (11922)
My husband and I both have annual trips that we like to take in the spring that has to do with some personal interests. Mine is a National convention on a topic of a hobby of mine. His is baseball spring training. We go alone because it is just as well that way. We vacation together at other times, this is meant to be a little 'all about me' get away kind of thing. Our trips conflict with each other and since spring training goes on for longer and I have no control over the dates of my convention, he usually plans his trip around my schedule. Two and a half years ago our first and only child was born. The light of our lives. I stay home with him, life is wonderful. But he is 2 1/2 and full of enough energy for our whole neighborhood, in to everything, is trying to give up napping and basically keeps me going and going. When my husband gets home at night I really need my downtime. This year our plans were thus: I leave Wednesday morning and return home Saturday evening. Sometimes I go Tuesday night, this year I didn't. THIS THE RUB... he booked his flight for 6 am on Sunday, stayed 8 days and returned home at 10 pm on Monday night. I learned of this schedule about 3 days before leaving on my trip. I come home tired from a very active convention and get left to be 24/7 mommy and daddy for my son and was not even consulted on these plans. I don't understand why he wants to be away from his family for 8 days. Or why he had to book the soonest flight he could get after I got home and then stayed as late as he could until it was time to come home and be back at work the next morning. I feel silly that it is still eating at me but it is. The trips are over, we are back to normal and all is well, except that I am still a little peeved. I guess I haven't gotten the answers I wanted from him about it all. How mad would you be???
@gabs8513 (48716)
I would have been very mad to be honest But I went through this with my Ex Husband not going on Vacation but leading a very high Social Life and staying out over night and things like that If I where you I would do the same to him to be honest I never did as I am not a Person for a Social Life my World where and still are my Kids even though they are grown up now But I would do it to now. I was a Mug all them years to let him treat me that way
@makingpots (11922)
thanks for the reply and taking the time to read it. It felt good to get it off my chest.
@gabs8513 (48716)
I bet it did Everyone needs to vent and I hope you feel more at ease now to Hugs