Have you had a weird experience with your 'Intuition'?

@astromama (1226)
One of the strangest things that ever happened to me, and something that taught me a lot about trusting my gut and believing in my own 'sixth sense' happened when I was eleven years old. I was going to an overnight birthday party at a 'new girl's' house, and my mom was dropping me off. When we got there, my mom gripped my leg and said she didn't want to let me out of the car. I, of course, threw a fit.. 'But you SAID I could go to the party! It's not fair!' She looked at me with her eyes full of fear and told me she didn't know why, but she had an awful feeling and she kept thinking something bad was going to happen. When I asked her what, she said she wasn't sure... that maybe the house was going to burn down or something... something bad. Eventually she let me out of the car. Later that night the family's German Shepard attacked me, biting my face as well as the back of my head. I was in surgery later that night for three and a half hours and to this day I have tiny wires in my face where the bones were crushed. Two of my teeth were knocked out, another was chipped and I had 7 layers of stitches sewing my gums back together... I handled everything just fine.. this was 14 years ago... but the thing that has stuck with me was just how powerful my mother's intuition was. How she KNEW something bad would happen.
@eden32 (3976)
Oh what an awful experience for you and your mother. She must have been beside herself for letting you go even though she felt something was wrong. As a child I had a couple of experiences with prophetic dreams. The dream would be someone close to me passing.Once it was my father but in real life my Godfather (who I was much closer to than my dad) passed away within a few days of the dream. My daughter at about age 2, spoke in detail and at great length about her past life and who her brother was to her then.She of course didn't call it a past life, but that's how we interupted what she said. Now, with certain close friends, I often have the "esp phone" experience. Where you think, I need to call so & so, and they end up calling before a day has passed.
@nowment (1758)
That is so great about your little girl, she is young enough not to have "learned" that she didn't know those kinds of things. I knew a little girl who at age 3 would keep telling people how she knew them and freak them out. Because she too was talking about past lives. Her mother encouraged her to use her intuition. She also saw a guide in the house, who was there to protect the family, lol she took a big cardboard box and made him his own room, the thing that makes this particular guide different from imaginary friends, was that a friend had sent the guide to the house to watch over the children, and the three children all described the "man" to their mother, before they could talk to each other about him, and yet the mother, and the three children all had the same description when the mother spoke with the friend it was confirmed that it was the friend's guide as a guardian spirit. But 4 people all "saw" the same person with out having gotten his description from the out of state friend who asked that this family be protected. So it was either a real guide, guardian, or five people shared the same mental connection causing them to see the same image. A good book for helping children develop would be Mary Summer Rain's Mountains Meadows and Moonbeams Something else you may find interesting since you have such an intuitive child are the books by Doreen Virtue The Crystal Children, and Indigo, Crystal and Rainbow Children
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
yes it sounds like your mother has a good sixth sense. Yeah I get that way myself around certain people or sometimes I get a funny feeling about something and sometimes I am right about my feelings.
@moonke (64)
i've had a couple of experiences that really stick out in my mind. 1 was that i had a dream i was robbed, and then the nexted day it happened. the second one was that i dreamed i was pregnant and then it happened. i have also had a few spiritual guides tell me to trust my intuition as 99% of the time it will be right. hasn't let me down yet.
@astromama (1226)
I also had a dream where I was nursing a baby and the next week I found out I was pregnant. My friends at work thought that was pretty interesting, because I had come to work and told them about the dream. I think I was the only one who was shocked! I believe some of us have stronger intuitive powers than others, but it's only determined by how much you are willing to listen to it.
@nowment (1758)
I think every one has the ability to know and be aware but some don't allow themselves. Others may have it or seem to be stronger, because there are different types of awareness, rather than one being stronger than the other, it is more like it is just different. Example some can just get around crystals and stones and seem to be stronger, or get a sense of the history around that piece. Others can just meditate and then know things, others seem to hear things, some get visions, it will vary but it doesn't mean that because one person is stronger in one area or another that we all can't develop the skill. But from the time we are children we are being mentally programed to think this is not normal, not real, not something everyone can do. When we change that programing, or encourage the intuitive abilities of our children then we will notice more and more are using this intuition.
I was once driving to my sisters house and had a feeling that I shouldn't go on the motorway. I wasn't sure why but trusted my instinct and travelled the longer route on the more minor roads instead. When I got there I found out that there had been a crash on the motorway. I'm not sure of the exact timings so don't know whether I might have been involved in it, or just caught up in the conjestion afterwards but it was a good thing I didn't go that way. As a result of this I always trust my instincts.
@astromama (1226)
I've found trusting those instincts and listening to them saves me a lot of self-doubt and trouble. Especially if it's a particularly strong feeling...
@SageMother (2277)
That is incredible! It is difficult for me to choose my strangest experience in this realm. I think that LAST one was a few moths ago, if I remember correctly and I was doing a tarot reading and heard someone say "Howard". I asked the person on the phone who that was and they didn't know, and they hadn't said the name. There was no one in the room with me. But I swear I heard someone speak. Turned out that he next day a fellow named Howard came to see the caller about some paperwork that had to be signed.
@astromama (1226)
wow.. that's really strange! Do you do tarot readings often? I do astrology charts for friends and clients, but my tarot is usually less spot on if I try to do it for myself. I usually go to a professional. I've never had anything like that happen to me where I actually heard a voice, but I've had some really psychic dreams and my first impressions are usually right. It's so amazing, don't you agree? The whole spiritual, energetic mess we're in!