Can Buddha guarantee the pass of exams?

@bljl520 (148)
China
Many prospective postgraduates prayed to Buddha for the pass of the postgraduate entrance exam in temples. These candidates and even their parents kowtowed reverently to the figure of Buddha although most of them are not Buddhists. According to their theories, they just did whatever they can to ease the strains and only "Buddha" can decide the results. We cannot say that they are not hard-working, they have tried their best to attain a relatively good score. Yet, they may not solely trust their endeavor and have to look for other guarantees. Do you think they are ridiculous or you can understand them?
@romel_ece (1290)
Filipinos always believe in superstition and many families pass their tradition from generation to the next generation.However, the main point here, is that we should not forget to have faith in God that He will help us and we will do the rest.We should have a greater self-confidence,perseverance and conviction within ourselves in order to achieve our goals in life.
@klystron635 (1520)
I don't think they are ridiculous. I am a Catholic, I have a God. Based on my knowledge, I can say that Buddha and God are alike in someways. I do pray to Him, ask Him for help and guidance. I also pray to Him if I have an exam. I do understand religious people. But hopefully the graduates who prayed to Buddha wouldn't blame him if they didn't passed the exam. I am currently undergoing a crisis in my study. I may not be able to pass my subject. I have been praying but I guess not all the we ask for should be given to us. A friend once told me that God answers prayers in three ways. Yes, No, and Wait. Whatever His answer is it's definitely for us. I guess Buddha is just like God, he also answers prayers. We just have to trust him.
It's okay to believe in superstitions and traditions but its bad to rely on them with out any perseverance and hard work of having what we want. "Buddha can't help any person if he himself can't help himself"