Do the Lights go out at your place?

A Classic - This is the pretty much classic design for a nightlight - when you think nightlight is this the image that comes to mind?
The very low wattage makes it a handy way to find your way to the bathroom - and to use the bathroom without having to turn on the glaring over head lights, which would like to blind you after having been with your eyes closed at sleep for so long.
@Modestah (11192)
In the middle of the night, when you are sleeping silly - not when you are on the computer at mylot!Do you leave a light on (er, you know, so you won't trip just incase you have to get up) or do you find it too difficult to sleep with even a hint of light glowing in the room?If you "need" a light, do you use a little plug in nightlight, or a lamp set on dim?Are you afraid of the dark - or is it a safety issue?
i usually leave a few on low for mom-so she won't fall in the night.it's just easier for her that way.
They say that sleeping with the lights on is bad for the skin. So I never sleep with any on :). And it's also for protection since it's better to be in the dark and not be seen from outside. It's not a safe place here. So the only lights left on are those outside the house. It's also cooler with the lights out.
In our house, we all prefer to sleep in the dark, thank God. The street lights that come through the glass blocks serve as the only glimpse of light at night. When I need to go to the toilet I use a small flash light or I just play blind and use my hands grasping walls and furnitures to guide my way to the bathroom.
@whyaskq (7532)
When I sleep, I off the lights in my room. However, I will leave a nightlight in the living room. It is for safety reasons. I do not like the living room dark. I am not really afraid of the dark, but half dark, yes.
I don't like keeping any lights on when I am going to bed. I rather sleep in complete darkness since it is less distracting if so. Nope, I am not afraid of the dark. :P
I hate it to be light when I am asleep. The darker the better. I have a lamp right by my bed, so if I have to get up in the night I can put the light on to see my way around, but often it is light enough as the blinds in the hall aren't that thick and there is a street lamp right outside my house.
@misheleen73 (6037)
I guess it's a good thing I work at night and sleep in the day. I do fear the dark, and if home at night, must have a light on. For my kids I leave the hallway light on, so that works for me as well. (don't laugh...lol)
@ctv101103 (860)
i can't sleep in complete darkness so i prefer having a night light. good thing it doesn't bother my husband. and since we are co-sleeping with our 21-month old daughter, we think having a night light is best, specially when i have to get up in the middle of the night and feed her.
@claudia413 (4284)
For safety reasons, we have a plug-in nightlight in each of our two bathrooms. That way no one trips or falls and hurts themself trying to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The lights automatically go on at dusk and off at daybreak, so we do not have to worry about turning them on or off. For safety reasons also, we leave them plugged in when we're out of town.