What is your favorite holiday?

@OURDEW (4812)
Mine is Mothers Day. It is very special to me. I get treated like a queen all day. From my son and my husband.
My favourite holiday is Christmas. I love the atmosphere and all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas shopping. I also like listening to the carol singers when they come around the houses and stop to sing outside our door. The best part of it the family gathering and the excitement of the small children as they open their Santa presents. Then later in the night, we have a few drinks and play games or sing together and the children think all the adults have lost their marbles...lol.
Oh me too Alexandria. I love Christmas. It is so special and spritial.
Wow, you are so blessed. My favorite holiday is Christmas. The birth of my Lord is so Holy and spirital. Love and peace environment during the season.
@towongfoo27 (2989)
My favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. I like the Fourth of July because it brings the family together via fireworks, food, friends, and get-togethers. We enjoy the day and also each other's company (hopefully). Okay, I admit my reason is the barbecue (Shh, don't tell my mother that.). Seriously, I like the Fourth of July for it's celebrations and oddly enough, the Fourth of July isn't too regulated by custom. In other words, you have more freedom on the Fourth of July to celebrate with your own family in your own way, in part because the holiday is about more than religion, it is about family whether blood or community. The Fourth of July is a holiday with more leeway than other holidays to do your own thing via definitions of family.
@soccermom (3200)
I love Easter! The weather is just starting to get nice, the kids have their Easter Egg Hunt and everything just seems so renewed. This year will be the first mothers day I don't have to work, so I'll find out if my hubby and kids will treat me as good as I treat him on Fathers Day!