Should Quebec be allowed to seperate

This topic has been going on for years it thnik it is time for the rest of the country to choose whether they wanna keep Quebec or let them go on there own, it is time they put up or shut up with the recent election it seems that even they are fed up with the topic. My Canada contains Quebec but if they decide to go do not let the door hit them in the A$$ on the way out.
What I find strange about them always wanting to leave is how would they ever afford it? Ontario and Alberta have a lot of money, but Quebec isn't one of the provinces to bring in all that kind of money. That's why we are always paying so much out to them. The provinces that need more get more and the provinces that have extra give it to them. That's the way good things work. But Quebec isn't one of the provinces that is giving support to the rest of Canada, it's one of the provinces that is getting the support. If they left, they'd need their own money, their own military, their own government... I don't think the separatists have really concidered where all the money would be coming from to pay for all the stuff they need, or how many people in the province would flock out to some other part of Canada, because they don't want to leave.
That is so true they take more than they give in most respects. I do not feel Quebec does it share to support the country. It seems strange to me that they are always talking about leaving but no other country is will to offer any suppport to them if it is so bad you would think they would be lining up to do it. I think they woudl loose more than Half of the population cause the ones that stay have no idea how good they had it.
@Myrrdin (3601)
Actually most separatists have considered this, and that's why they want to separate, keep the military ties, and the money system. That's why I specified we should not allow that if Quebec separates, in my mind if they feel they'd be better off alone, lets let them alone for real, none of this nonsense where they separate yet remain so closely tied. Close alliances and trade agreements sure, but not the same money or military.
I think they are already that now that the goverment has said they are a country within a country. They should live by the rules like the rest of the provinces do it is a shame that a small group seem to think it is a struggle to seperate from the rest of us when they keep loosing the votes to go.
@Myrrdin (3601)
Well Quebec is an integral part of Canada, however if they want out and can get a strong majority of support for it, then ok fine, on some conditions: 1) Quebec pays its part of the debt. 2) Come up with your own currency. 3) All government/military installations must be purchased off Canada, and any movable government/military assets be removed from Quebec.
Hey i am all for that, but would like them to stay but not gonna be bullied into keeping them or bribe them to stay
Yea, it seems that we bribe them always to stay so that we can keep them happy before they need another bribe and pull the "we are going to separate" card again. I'm all for supporting the province so that it has everything it needs, but I don't support all the "bonuses" it gets so that it won't leave. It's not fair to always have another bonus everytime they talk about leaving the country.
That is so true they seem to get bonuses just for breathing sometimes. There is so much that other provinces could of done with all the perks that have been handed to Quebec. I found it strange that the last time they talked about seperating the First nations said they would stay and all there lands would remain in canada that only left the northern parts to seperate.
Would you mind an opinion from an American? I don't too much about the situation.I don't know why they want to seperate from their own country but I guess maybe if it's what the people want.
Your Opinion is more than welcome anytime. They have had a coupel of votes to seperate adn each time the seperatisits have lost so they just wait a little while then decide to have another vote. Thaks for your input.
@nicolec (2673)
I've known that Quebec has wanted to leave for many years, but what I don't know is why? Do they have legitimate complaints? And why does the canadian government want them to stay? It sounds like a disgruntled wife. If you don't buy me roses I'm going to leave!
That how it sounds to other Canadians too the goverment wants them to stay so the country does not fall apart. I would like them to stay too but not at a price they already want special status, and want more of everything.
Well, I'm an American, but half my family used to live in Canada for 165 years in Ontario. I feel that if Quebec can support themselves independently and pay their portion of the national debt, then I wouldn't care if they separate. The only problem I have is that they also contribute a good amount amount of money to the country and Canada would be losing that. I don't think it's going to happen. I'd like to see them raise their money for their military and infrastructure. I don't think they can quite do it.
Unfortunatly Quebec gets what is called a transfer payment to help it finace it self it is as they say not a have province. They are resonsible for a good portion of the national debt too. Experts think that there is no way possible to support themselves without the rest of the country helping them. Good point about the raising the money for a miltary. Thanks for the response.