March 30 is.....

Doctor's Day. Tell us your worst and best experiences with your doctor. I have a WONDERFUL dermatologist. I have lots of skin/rash issues because me skin is ultra sensitive and it always reacting in different ways to the temperature and environment. She really "gets" me. She is great. I always feel tons better after I see her. I will be moving this summer and I really, really hope I can find a dermatologist as terrific as she is. (P.S. Plus she always has free samples of "stuff" in her waiting room and bathroom ;) Bad experience....a doctor who had me convinced I had a tumor on my abdomen and had me get tests and wait for results (about a 3 week wait) only to tell me what he saw/felt was FAT....geez. He was young and inexperienced but I was really upset. Tell us your stories!
@mamasan34 (6522)
My best experience was when I found out I was not crazy, I had a thyroid problem. Everyone kept telling me I was getting lazy because I was so tired all of the time and I just couldn't move anymore. My joints hurt, my hair was falling out, I couldn't keep weight off and no matter what I kept gaining, I had absolutely no energy and wanted to sleep all of the time. Everyone told me it was in my head. The day my doctor told me that it wasn't in my head and I had a medical condition was the happiest day of my life, I actually cried. I have a tie between the the worst visits. One of the worst doctor visits I ever had was when I had a severe sinus infection and the doctor put the light into my ear, didn't change the sanitary insert and stuck it up my nose. I got my prescriptions and changed my doctor the same day. The other was when I had to be put in the hospital and they brought me in by ambulance and while I was laying on the examining table the doctor asked me to sit up. I couldn't because the pain was so excruciating. It turned out I had a tubal pregnancy and my tube had ruptured. He told me I was too fat to even sit up and I needed to lose weight. My stomach was distended because I had been bleeding internally for a couple of days apparently and finally the fallopian tube ruptured and that is when I ended up in the hospital. I was in so much pain and to have him insult me in such a way hurt beyond measure. When I found out the problem and had surgery, I found out his name and insisted he apologize, I reported him to the administration. He never apologized. I still can't believe this man is in medicine. He ended up calling in a specialist to take care of me. She even said he had the bedside manner of a jack***! I told her I couldn't agree with her more. She was the nicest person and was a fantastic doctor. She stayed with me throughout the whole procedure and made sure I was as comfortable as possible. She explained everything to me in terms I could understand and made sure that I was well taken care of. So, in the end, it was a positive experience.
@mamasan34 (6522)
Thanks so much for the best response rating, I am very flattered and appreciate it so much!