Home in Berwin, IL, with historical relics

I am still soaking in the news at this time of the morning, but Fox had declared the relics found inside a home in Berwin, IL, are real. They found paintings, some handwritten documents via Adolph Hitler, and some other things from the Vatican. Now the two sons are fighting over the goodies. I bet the home is still marked off by the police, too. I think the stuff this homeowner has is amazing, but I am a nerd that likes historical and ancient stuff. Have you heard about this? Do you think the guy is at fault for the stuff being in his home to begin with? I want to know how it got there in his house.
@arcadian (932)
first I heard of it. During the WWII, alot of people took artifacts of great value away from the war arena for safekeeping. I knew of a museum curator who stripped his museum, built a safe in the wall of his house in Texas and kept the artifact hidden there- hoping one day to return them. People sewed things into coat lining and hemmed trousersa nd skirts, handbag lining and so on- most of the time to prevent their destruction.