Getting rid of Cigarrett Smell!

@sunshine4 (8709)
Does anyone know how I can get the stench of cigarrett smell out of a car? It is horrible. I can even smell it when I open the trunk. Have you heard of anything that can help with this problem?
@nelly5 (1425)
You can put some pine-sol in a couple of small containers and place them in your car, closed up for a couple of days or at least over night, or as long as you can. When you air the car out after having the pine-sol sit in there, of course the fresh air will blow away the pine-sol scent but the smoke smell should be gone too. Another tip would be to shampoo the interior of the car with an odor eliminating shampoo. Don't forget to wash down the dash and any other hard services with the same shampoo. Also, be sure to use some kind of glass cleaner on all glass services. To keep your car fresh, you could place dryer sheets under the seats of your car. Or, you could place some active charcoal in a container with small holes in the lid and place this under the seat. And, one more thing, for a more drastic measure, sometimes people have had to replace the headliner (ceiling) in the car in order to remove the smoke smell. I hope that some of these tips help. Good luck.
@sunshine4 (8709)
thank you for the tips. i will try the pine sol right now.