Yard Sale!

@jchampany (1131)
When you have a ton of junk or just a few things that you want to get rid of but are too good to just throw away do you have a yard sale. I love having yard sales. I am planning on having one here in a couple of weeks. My only problem is that right now, most of the stuff I have is clothes. I have a ton of clothes that all three of us have grown out of. Do you go to yard sales that mainly only have clothes or do you look for other stuff?
I love yard sales, but I do not like doing them personally. Most of our clothes that are still decent enough to wear, I send to the help center or goodwill. What ever household items that need filtering thru if the kids can't use them, again I will find a friend who might be in need or send it out to good will. Most of what goes to goodwill in my house is what I buy on impulse at... You guessed it yard sales!
@jfeets726 (775)
I love going yard sale shopping. Sometimes I will buy clothes for myself if I come across anything nice, but I mostly go to yard sales to shop for my daughter, espcially summer clothes, as she tends to ruin them easily from being outside. So, yes, I would probably stop at a yard sale if there were just clothes there, but I do know others who would probably pass it by.
@cjthedog64 (1554)
When I have the time and money, I love going to yard sales. I get kids clothes, toys and stuff like that. I've never had one, although now that I'm a SAHM, I guess I could. We don't really have any parking area though, so it might be hard. I have a bunch of stuff that isn't really good for selling online, so it would probably do well in a yard sale. Maybe I'll have to try it this summer.
@BarBaraPrz (15880)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I enjoy going to yard sales but don't usually buy much, and rarely clothes -- mostly because I'm really not that interested in them, unlike my friend who is constantly buying clothes (she has one of the bedrooms in her house converted to a walk-in closet packed full of clothes and shoes). I've held a few yard sales but haven't had much luck with them.
I love to go to yard sales. That being said, I hate to have them. They are so much work and so much can depend on things you can't help. Weather, other local activities...etc...then, you end up doing all that work for no reason. I like sales that have a variety, not just clothing...Good Luck with yours !