my nephew is five years old and he has ashtma...... What kind of pet can he own?

@roniroxas (10576)
he wants to have a dog... but is that ok. please help me this. thanks in advance
Different things affect different asthmatics, so check it out, but I know of an asthmatic who has a Poodle. Poodles do not have hair, but wool, so they are less likely to give trouble. I don't know of other dogs that might be suitable.
@roniroxas (10576)
really? he can own a poodle. that is so cool. thanks for the response. yes i will tell her dad to ask the doctor what are the things that triggers his daughters asthma. thanks
@roniroxas (10576)
sorry for my comment it was so stupid. sorry my brother has two kids thats why. i will tell my brother to talk to the kids doctor. sorry again im so stupid
@Modestah (11192)
Bichon Frise - Powder Puff, hypo alergenic and very smart dogs, that bark seldomly
the dogs would only be a problem if he is alergic to dog dander. If you are unsure because he has not been tested for alergies....you might could get a hypoalergenic dog. Bichon Frise do not shed their hair or dander and people with dog alergies do quite well with them. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/bichonfrise.htm
@roniroxas (10576)
what a cute dog you have there. thanks for the response. and thanks also for the link we will check that out.
@judyt00 (3504)
any animal that doesn't have fur would probably be fine. He may also be able to tolerate a poodle dog, or a dog that is poodle mix. My son has bearded dragons, and they seem to be a very good pet for a boy, since they have a personality and do gross things that many boys like, like eat bugs and worms and baby mice. and they have a tongue that is long and sticky. My grandsons just love feeding the dragons fruit pieces.
@roniroxas (10576)
i dont thinl that there are bearded dragons here, but ill tell my brother about that. thanks for the response.