How are you famous?

The six degrees of separation game is always a fun one to play, so the question of the day is "how are you famous?" Who have you met, who are you related to, who do you know somebody who knows somebody? Personally, at the moment, I have four claims to fame. I am indirectly descended from Henrik Ibsen the playwright, I have a classmate who's on the cover of a magazine at the moment, I once met the former General Secretary of the World Council of Churches (that was cool) and I have a friend who talked to Sandra Bullock on the phone for five minutes once. What are your stories?
@fpd1955 (2075)
I worked with John and Joan Cusack's grandmother, back in the 1970's. Of course, they were just kids back then, but she used to talk about her grandchildren all the time. It's funny now, John is one of my favorite actors. I love most all of his movies and I don't think it is because he is from Evanston, near Chicago, or that I worked with his gran. I just think he is an outstanding actor. My Dad once danced with Lucille Ball in one of those USO Canteens, back in the 1940"s during WWII. I always thought that was so cool, because we always "Loved Lucy"!
@fpd1955 (2075)
Thank you for giving me the best response. PEACE
@owlwings (39218)
• Cambridge, England
My mother once shook hands with General Smuts; my father knew many famous artists, poets and authors, including Ronald Searle and J.B.Priestley, and counted among his friends a number of eminent men in many fields - more importantly, he was well respected by them! My brother is the foremost authority in his field of Gesture and has published a definitive work in Australian Aborigine Sign Language. My Great Grandfather founded the Hop-pickers' Mission and two schools whose students have included princes and future kings. As a bookseller in a well-known University city, I have known many people who have since become famous actors, writers, TV personalities and politicians. I can't even bask in reflected glory, however (nor would I want to). Fame is usually irksome to those who really care about doing what they believe in. It does sometimes help to further their particular cause and sometimes it helps to make them comfortable financially but it has many drawbacks.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I was 3 "handshakes" from the president back when my dad was alive - dad, a politico, the prez. I've actually eatten dinner in the same resturant as Lady Bird Johnson & gone to a program where she sat a few seats away from me. Got to hear Ann Landers (or was it Dear Abby) speak there. Donovan, the singer, tossed me a carnation from the stage once - he brought the flower down the stage & tossed it right to me. Both my roommate & the gal behind us said that he was looking right at me a lot (it felt like it to me too.) My brother was picked up after having car trouble by Willie Nelson....