How do you feel when you get into a circular arguement?

You are having an arguement with your significant other and no matter how your present your side of the situation he ignores what you say and just says "I have feelings too." Do you keep trying or do you give up?
@coolseeds (3921)
I think it depends on what is worth an argument. My girlfriend and I don't see eye to eye about a lot of issues but it is what makes us who we are. We are both logical people which does help us make similar decisions. We don't argue very much. It is ok to disagree. You just have to agree to disagree agreeably. However some things might be worth standing ground such as frivolous spending. If it isn't worth getting stressed out, try to give.
If the conversation continually goes 'round and 'round, I take a walk. I hate to walk out on an argument without things resolved, but I need to clear my head before I hurt someone. heh heh
That is a good thing to do, sometimes it works for me too.
@Kaeli72 (1230)
He pulls this stunt whenever I'm pointing out something he's done wrong..."I have feelings too!" or, "I didn't know!" But, when I try to say these thing it's wrong for me and there goes another fight.
It can be so frustrating to talk to people like that. I used to check and see if maybe he was wearing earplugs or something...:}..It seemed so juvenile to me that he showed no intention or inclination to even try to understand what I was saying. I am sorry for you cause it is a definate no win scenario.
I'm in it to win it, lol. Persevere and keep on trying, even if it isn't that big of a deal. See, from a guy's standpoint, we have to try win as many arguments as we can because first of all, it doesn't happen often, and also, if we don't win, then we're just one more step closer to being "trained" or "whipped," lol.
I certainly don't mind losing an arguement to anyone if their explianations are more valid. And I have never felt the need to make my partner fell trained or whipped, I prefer a smart man rather than a pretty man. What I do object to is when I take the time to pour out my feelings about something he did that hurt me his response is I have feelings to. He is essentially telling me my feelings don't count.
Well, if it was an actual argument over something serious or if someone had really gotten their feelings hurt then I know what you mean. I was just talking about little stuff that doesn't matter anyway. I wouldn't be an "a-hole" about something that actually mattered and make someone feel that their feelings don't matter. By the way, sorry it's been like a month. I forgot to check my "discussions I've responded to."
@melanie652 (2526)
I stop. Obviously we're not getting anywhere, so I say enough for now, we'll try this again later. I do bring it up again later. Hopefully we're both in better moods and more receptive to the other. That usually works.
That sometimes works, but then again sometimes not. I sometimes wish I could go back and try that arguement again, but I know it would still be the same.
@miamilady (4924)
There comes a time when the best thing that you can do is agree to disagree. There are certain topic where people will just not see things the same way. It's not worth it to keep arguing about it.
Thats the truth, never argue about politics or religion was my parents advice...lol....and there are a few additional items as well.
Naturally, I will choose to just give up. Like you aptly termed it, it is a circular argument and it is not going to go anywhere. So why bother to waste good time arguing fruitlessly over something and which the conclusion would be a non-conclusion? Not to mention it is time and energy wasting, this kind of arguments is lose-lose and everyone is going to end up hurt in the process. So do *not* bother. Just smile at the person, pat his back and wish him a good day. :P
that is basically what I do now, but there was a time when that was not an option. Sometimes it is a blessing to be old since people can always blame age for my lack of input in some situations...:}
@easy888 (10405)
Hello,sumofalltears,I do not like to argue with anyone,i will just let it go,arguing with someone will only worsen the situation, communicating with other people is a flow of conversation,i do not need to win every time or try to argue hard to convince the other.
I do not need to win an arguement by any means, but I do like my input to be treated with respect and not totally ignored.