The one that got away

As most of my friends are aware I am an avid fisherman. And I am sure that all of us have stories about the one that got away. So I thought that I would share my latest. I was fishing lake Redman the other day and I have got to tell ya it was absolutely a red letter day for me. It was almost as if I couldn't not catch fish. I pulled three bass in a row that were over 5 pounds. Then I hooked into the grand-daddy of the five pounders and he just kept stipping line off my reel like there was no tomorrow. And what happened I moved up a hill to try and move the fish away fro a stump that he was heading for and in that moment I let just enough slack in the line for it to throw the hook. What is your one that got away ?
@max1950 (2313)
i was fishing in "boca grande pass" on the gulf coast of flordia and were fishing the underwater pilings for grouper ,we use piano wire and 80 lb test now we had a 21 foot center console century boat and whatever latched on to the lady fish we were using for bait took off"pulling the boat around" we'd reel it in a little and it would take off again this went on for over an hour .whatever it was we never saw because after realizing there was no way we could get it in with the equipment we had we cut the line.now boca pas is where the tarpon tournaments are held and we caught a few of those and we've also seen huge hammerheads cut a 200lb tarpon in half next to the boat but whatever we lost still has us scratching our head's
Couldn't ya just spit. But hey that's part of the game. Ya catch some ya loose some.