Holidays

Israel
Why do people get so angry and irritable around the holidays? Yes, there is a lot of work to do to get things ready, but really, do we need all the yelling? What do you do to calm things down? Its getting to the point that I would like to take a vacation by myself without the family when the holidays come around!
People have expectations of holidays, that they will be perfect, that they will heal all wounds, that they will look like Martha Stewart. They know in their hearts it won't happen, so they are hurt and disappointed before the day ever begins.
@MissMo (170)
I know what you mean! I think people just get stressed, with cleaning for having people over, cooking, shopping, planning. Luckily, I'm only 19 so I'm not in charge of any of that stuff yet, but I do try and help out where I can. I'm not the best cook, so I stay away from that, but I handle the dishes, wrap Chrstmas presents for my mom that are for my brother, things like that.