Pow Wows?

I love to attend all the American Native Indian Pow Wows. I love the culture, dances, and the people. Anyone else share this passion?
@sigma77 (5385)
I have never attended one myself. I think it would be quite an adventure. One day perhaps, when I make another trek out in to the western wilds.
Oh yes, you must go. It is very exciting.
@mari61960 (4895)
I've only been to a pow wow once many years ago. But it was a lot of fun. I'll have to check and see if there are any around my area. That was when I lived in Washington state. Now I'm back in Mass.
I don't know if y'all have them out your way. They are great, aren't they?
@Willowlady (10666)
If there were a few around me then Yes I would go. I live too far East I think. I do watch all I can on the television when things are aired that have to do with Native American culture. Would be great to be a part of them. What foods do they have while there?
Oh they are so awesome Willowlady. They usually serve fast food types. Indian fry bread and Indian taco's are the biggest. So yummy. I make the fry bread all the time. Ever eat it?
@raydene (9875)
I seldom get to pow wows ..I do love everything of the people.I grew up with alot of habits of the Native Americans.My respect for the other beings(non human) on this earth come from this.When we have reenactments at the forts nearby I feel at home and right at the fire with the indians(sorry to anyone that may offend but they are referred that way the same as in the 1700's and 1800's)My son reenacts also.He dresses french but stays with the indians..I love to sit and help teach crafts to the tourists..
I feel the same way sweetie. I feel that I also have an Indian (Native American) spirit living within me.
My great grand mother was native american and we were brought up to be very proud of our heritage.there was a pow wow up where we used to live that we would go to every october. I loved it! I could not wait til it was time for the different dances.
I love the hoop dance, it is my favorite. What people does your great grandma come from? It is a wonderful heritage to be very proud of my friend.
@msqtech (15226)
There is a lot for us still to learn from native Americans and this is the best place to find the knowledge and where it lives. We have a lot to be sorry for with what happened to the natives here.
Yes, there is a lot of history that is very disturbing. However, man has been very bad since the beginning of time to minorities. Blacks, Jewish, Japanese, and Native American just to mention a few in the USA.
I also loved going to Pow Wows.When I lived on the mainland I went to a few, it was great.I loved the atmosphere,music,and attire of the dancers.And I don't think I have ever seen anything so cute as the little babies & toddlers dressed up & dancing...it was wonderful!:)
@patootie (3593)
Now this is something I can be 100% jealous of .. I really really wish we had American Native Indian culture in the UK .. we do have some clubs that 'pretend' to know what it's all about .. but it's nothing like the real thing .. If I was going to declare myself to have any kind of life 'belief' it would be some of the Native American Indian ways ..
I love Native Culture. I have visited several reservations. The Seminole Reservation and the Cherokee and a few others when I was younger. I'm going out west this summer to see some of the tribes out west. I would love to see the Sioux ghost dance. I have three tribes in my ancestory.