Can friendship turn to love

I think this question is with in many of our hearts, because now many are not being true in there friendship. friends are always with us and so we like them a lot and this may lead us in to love but is it correct to change our state from friend to lover, because when we are going to roam through the places every body would have noticed and they would have thought us as good friends but once we have changed our state wont they scold us for being bad and evev our friends might think bad about us that we initially had such a bad feeling and then started to be friends. and it is even a discrase to our friendship. so what you all people think about it.....
@mdchennai (2129)
I dont think there is anything wrong in friendship changing to love. We all are human and it happens to all human beings. I dont think this has to be taken in the negative sense. I believe that they we true friends before the love started between them. We expect our partner to be with us during our time of need and when we see that our friend does everything for us then there are chances for such things to happen. Only one thing should be taken care of is that, it should be true love rather than infactuation :)
thank you for the sujjestion.i think many of the members would have been benifited from this discussion.