Does hearing about your Ex lovers bad luck in future relationships thrill you?

@missybal (4492)
Okay, you were in this relationship and you really though it was true love and then he or she turned out to be all wrong for you or just some fool. I had one boyfriend who actually thought I cheated on him. He left me for it and I was so miserable for so long after because I really cared about him. Well after that he had one relationship after another where the girl was cheating. The main girl he was with off and on cheated on him all the time. She even cheated on him in the apartment next door to me with my own cousin when he was away for the military. Of course I couldn't say anything because he wouldn't believe me anyways. But she confessed later. Well a couple of years later I hear that he married her... and that she is still sleeping around. Well it may be terrible to say... but if he can be that stupid then he deserves it. I look at the wonderful loving husband I have now and I take a sign of relief because I'm so lucky. I'm glad that I found someone so great even know I had to feel so much heartache over someone who is such an idiot. I want him to feel miserable the way he made me feel that way. And when I look at all my ex's and see how I have found happiness and they haven't it makes me even more happy. Does that make me a terrible person?
@meholl (510)
This does not make you a terrible person. When I found out my ex got divorced and was unsuccessful at money matters, I had a good laugh. I knew this man was not the right person for me. But it still makes me feel better to know that after we split that he never really found any happiness, and I have. I think it is quite a normal response when you have been hurt by that person. But if he had a great life, would we even care????
@missybal (4492)
No, I guess we wouldn't even pay attention then. However hearing how they are treated so bad by someone else and knowing that if they were still with me I would treat them right (I always have treated every boyfriend I every had great) makes me really want to laugh in their face and say hey you didn't know a good thing when you had it.
@shannon76 (1234)
That doesn't make you a terrible person but that does show signs that you have not forgiven (which you need to to be able to forget). I don't like hearing about my ex's misfortunes with relationships because that usually means they will be trying to reconnect with past loves (has happened on more then one occasion). But I do understand the way you feel. You kinda want them to reep what they sow huh? FEel the pain you felt. =)