What do you do when your baby is sick?

It becomes very difficult to run around the house doing all the chores when my baby falls sick. I just can't handle the pressure. My husband leaves home early and comes home late. He has a lot of work pressure too. My baby becomes so much dependant on me when he is sick that I even have to skip meals just to be with him. I usually sit in my couch with him on my lap and keep all the favorite toys handy. Then I switch on the television and watch his favorite kid's programs. That way, he settles down and keeps quiet. Otherwise, he cries a lot and I start losing patience at the end of the day. I feel hungry and light headed too. Sometimes I don't know at all what to do. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
@maddysmommy (16236)
Everything gets put on hold when my son gets sick. He requires my full attention and so I make sure that I give it to him. He can't do things on his own when he is sick so I need to be there on hand all the time. If he is able to eat, then I make sure I fix something for myself at the same time - you have to keep up your strength too and if it means leaving him for a minute or two to fix something quick to eat, then so be it. How can you take care of him if you are not well yourself?!? You can also suggest to your hubby to make something for you before he leaves for work i.e. sandwiches or something like that so you have food on hand when you need it. Just because he is working he needs to be able to give you a little help as well (even if its only 10 mins in the morning making breakfast for you or making a cup of coffee!) every little bit helps!
When my kids are sick, they need me more than the laundry does! Housework drops on my list of priorities and I just spend time with them, take care of them. I make their favorite foods (as long as it isn't a stomach bug - bleh) and we watch movies. It sucks to be sick - even as adults we get petulant when not feeling well, so I wouldn't hold it against him. But you do need to take care of yourself, or you won't be able to take care of him at all. When people are hungry and light headed, they tend to also get grumpy, which isn't a nice way to be when the little one is sick. So eat something - even if it's just a sandwich or having a bag of pretzels handy or something. And hang in there. This, too, shall pass.
@mannu123 (144)
For food on these bad days...i usually order from outside. Yeah! baby needs full concentration when they fall sick. I too sit with him and keep talking to him so that he does not feel lonely. I sing him songs and also give him lots of love.
@rhinoboy (2129)
You really need to take care of yourself too. i know that's hard when your baby is crying, but you cannot keep this up without falling sick yourself. You don't say what your baby is sick with. Is the baby just crying because he want's to be with you? However hard it is, you really need to let your baby get used to being on his own. You can stay in the room and sit him in a bouncer chair or something. If you're really pushed, use a sling or papouse to hold him snug to you and free your arms, so at least you can eat.